changing whether systems ?

Matty C

Reaction score
its a simple question, but whether or not the answer is as simple is another matter, but here goes..

we all know what southerlies and westerlies are the two better wind directions, however, next week, starting monday 26th jan is supposed to be a westerly, with temps of about 4 degrees on average,with a "feels like' of about 1 or 2 degrees on average.. but on friday the 30th and for that whole weekend, the wind swings around to an easterly and although there are a few showers, its actually supposed to be warmer..
there is little change in the air pressure so i doubt that will be a factor..

the question is this; do i go when there is a westerly, because it is supposedly the better wind direction, or do i go on the easterly because it should be warmer by a few degrees ?

my understanding of wind directions is that westerlies are better because they bring warmer whether, but when the easterly is warmer, i should go then ?

is this sound logic?

thanks guys

Matt

E

EC

I think there are too many variables for anyone to saythat one willdefinitely be better than another Matty, so my advice is to go twiceand compare.

As my old mum used to say "You'll catch sod all sat in the 'ouse lad"

F

Frothey

its also about where the systems come from... a high sitting over poland could give us south westerlies, but pulling in artic air - and high pressure isn't my favourite.

like eddie says, you'll catch nowt at home though.....