The Angling Trust

W

Wolfman Woody

Just out of interest, this is not a thread for argument, or justification, or vilification.

Please just say whether
  1. <u>You have joined</u>
  2. <u>Do not intend joining</u>
  3. <u>Sitting on the fence for clarification or - perhaps you can't afford it yet.
    </u>

Can you also state if you are a sea angler or fly fisherman, otherwise you are presumed to be a coarse angler.

This is not a scientific survey nor is it meant to be totally representative and most of all - NO-ONE SHOULD THINK ANYTHING LESS OF THOSE WHO AREN'T JOINING. It is your right.

Red Army

Reaction score
1. I have joined today

and I'm a coarse angler /forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

What's it to you?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

I have. But, I'm "rif-raf" and you've not allowed for that!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Answers:

1. No.

2. Undecided, see 3 below.

3. Awaiting a few clarifications, but cost is not an issue.

Coarse Angler but Fly angler during the closed season.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Joined last week, for whatever rights and wrongs you may all be considering, I think its our duty to give it a chance, we need a strong voice, this I hope will be it.

I will give it two years.

B

Bill Cox

Yes ihave

I'm a virtual angler only these days but come the summer!!!

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Joining at the end of the month.

Coarse Angler.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not joining. Due to what is being said on this forum, It,s put me off it.

Opss. Sorry Woody; Coarse angler.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Not joined yet; I was a life member of the ACA.

barry dix

Reaction score
I've not joined but have thought about it, maybe I'm just needing a push and may well join later in the year. I guess that if they started a big campaign to stop eastern Europeans stealing and killing fish, or came out with a powerful message that looked like they were doing something about issues that effect the everyday angler then I would find it hard not to join. The worst thing that they could do is to take a softly softly approach to issues, they need to get an agenda going and talk about it forcefully, that way they will get support. Being quiet and expecting anglers to send them money won't work in my opinion.

I'm coarse!

Reaction score
I joined by default,I was already a member of the NFA, but my membership runs out at the end of this month, so I will be re-joining this week, along with my 28 year old son and his 4 year old son. My club has a committee meeting this week and the signs are they will be joining too, I am not on the committee.

We (me ,my son and my grandson)all coarse fish, and occasionally dabble with Sea fishing.

I am a "young " Grandfather and beans make me fart, if you require anymore info please feel free to PM or E-mail me, and I will be happy to tell you to"do one" ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Xplorer1

Reaction score
Coarse angler and I joined as soon as I could. I used to belong to the ACA (still have the badge on my ancient Barbour) and feel that it's one way I can help protect our rivers. My active involvement in the Sussex Ouse Conservation Society http://www.sussex-ouse.org.uk/ is another.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

Sent off my application before the new year, (post paying by DD) telephoned today (waited for option 7 'membership') to enquire what was happening as I'd heard nothing. I was advised, by a very nice young lady, to wait about 4 weeks and then call back if I'd not heard anything.