Catch report

Monty Python

Reaction score
Hi all, after a colossal 130hrs + blank. I decided to start 2009 off on a local day ticket water in the hope or a rod bend or 2 and was not disappointed when I was rewarded with a total of 2 commons and 3 mirror carp, not the biggest fish out there but defiantly put a massive smile on my face.Put the pictures up so you can see my cheesy face.Tight lines...Matt

Monty Python

Reaction score
I am always smiling and I have an 8m pole in my rod bag.

Do I still count as a carp fishermen?

I must be in a bracket of my own. Lol

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
whats the big'uns likein that lake you where fishing then monty?????!!!!!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Monty Python

Reaction score
It was stocked with carp in 91 and I think the biggest has come out at 28lb. it’s a local runs water that gets hammered in the summer month’s bye all and sundries, some of the fish are not the best to look with respect the condition of there mouths, its a sad tale to be honest, last year I fished it twice, on the second occasion I found a mirror carp about 16lb looking quite unwell at the edge of the bank, I was able to pick it out of the water with my hands and upon inspection found a large wound on its head that was infected. The fish had obviously been dropped by some incompetent idiot then returned to the water. All I could do was treat the wound best I could.

I have heard a tail of a ghost carp reported at 36lb but I doubt this to be true. To be honest I fished this pond from the age of 6 so I know its features like the back of my hand and I had a good idea where the carp could be hiding out. I was desperate to get on the bank after the mini ice age hopefully bending one of my rods and knowing the fish are none two shy in this pond figured I would get at least one run on the day. And that I did...

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
nice. would be cool if that ghosty was in there.

i took a 17lb common out of a small lake in the summer, which was one i had seen on several occasions and got going on the surface once. it was good looking long and dark (i posted the photo on here.....) but unfortunately had a large plate of scales missing on one side. it didnt look too infected and i treated it, but still, i wonder how it happened.....?