ACA News

• Thread starter Richard Drayson
  • Start date
R

Richard Drayson

I've just received my renewal notice from the ACA and see that some big changes have been made.
Chris Tarrant is now its President, taking over from The Lord Tryon.
John Bailey has taken up the post of Vice-President and Dr Mark Everard and Simon Evans, two of the country's best fisheries scientists, have joined the committee.
Anybody wishing to join can phone for details on 01568 620447 email:admin@a-c-a.org

G

Gary Knowles

Chris Tarrant getting involved can only be a good thing I would have thought...

R

Richard Drayson

In a nutshell Wendy, they are an organisation that look after the interests of anglers by taking polluters to court.

In their latest letter they say that they currently have 41 cases on their books and last year received over ?100,000 in damages.

Since January they have issued proceedings in 6 cases ranging from a canal in Cheshire to a sea-trout river in Wales.

Many of their cases involve controversial and novel problems from farmers carrying out land drainage work that damages a fishery, to discharge affecting inverterbrate life and the impact of the Environment Agengy flood defence work.

All of this can only be achieved through the continued support from members.

A very worthwhile cause which several FM members belong to.

Membership subs start at ?10 for adults and just ?2 for juniors. There are also rates for clubs, riparian owners and commercial fishery owners.

G

Gary Knowles

Standing order payments are also available...

There is a full feature on them and Chris Tarrants involvement in this weeks Angling Times

P

Paul Williams

Chris Tarrant getting involved is indeed a good thing..... personally i had better not comment on the others!

P

Paul Scattergood

Every angler should be a member, pityfully few of us are. You never know it might be your water devestated by pollution next. worth thinking about.

D

David Will

Maybe now they will get a web site up and running , I keep pestering them but so far no joy.If you are a member a quick e mail to them asking why they do not have a site yet might gee them up.
If you are not a member why not ?

S

Stormin' Norman

Funny how if you stay in the same place long enough the same old thread comes around again eh?

S

Steve King

I suppose that somebody has got to say it Paul, so it may as well be me! "Is that you're final answer!"

R

Robert Draper

The problem is that there is a finite group of anglers but seemingly an infinite number of groups we should join, ACA, SAA, RSSG, SACG etc. ad infinitum. Isn't it about time that all these groups fell under one umbrella organization. If I could pay one subscription per year and benefit these groups I would but I just don't have the time or energy to go out joining this group after that group. At the last count including my other hobbies I am a member of over thirty individual groups representing one thing or another.

A

Andy Nellist

I won't be joining the SAA or the ACA until they sever their ties with the CA since I do not wish to be counted as a supporter of fox hunting.

M

mark norris

I have to agree with Paul Scattergood.Why isn`t every angler in Britain a member of A.C.A.? this would give real financial clout and if you can afford the equipment required to read these messages you can afford the paltry few quid.subs.With Chris. Tarrant on board this must our profile among the unaware masses

P

Paul Williams

Mark....the reason every angler in Britain ain't a member is because a high percentage aint heard of em and as Rob Draper says there are to many groups to think about and then there are the substantial number who don't like what has gone on during the last few years....nuff said there but i do agree Chris Tarrant is a good capture....he is a fine abasador for angling.

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
I'm a member of both the ACA and the SAA and the CA I suppose by association with the first two. As it happens I don't mind being affiliated to the CA, but I can appreciate what Andy Nellist is saying, and it is something that has come up before.

Why don't the ACA and SAA hold an open ballot of their members to see where their members feelings lay?