FM area meetings

Donald Bain

Reaction score
I know that through FM many events have been organised in the past but have felt it strange that no-one has suggested a kind of area meeting on a regular basis of contibutors living in the same locality.

It would be a great opportunity to meet and put faces to the nicknames on the posts, talk about fishing , the world and other things...plus we might partake of a few samples of the local beer. Who knows what other things might develop from it?

Anyone interested in a meeting for the South Yorkshire/North Notts/NE Derbyshire area, let me know.

Don

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
what a great idea Don. Anyone from FM wanna meet up for a beer sometime in the Rugby (pretty central) area. Its close to the M1 and the M6 and the A14 so an hours travelling can cover quite a large area. I have organised socials at the Elms pub at Junc 21 of the M1 at Lutterworth and there is a travel lodge there so FM ers can stay overnight if they wanted.

F

Fred Bonney

I've been toying with the idea for much the same thing around Market Rasen, so PM me if anybody is interested.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Seeing as the Elms is a few hundred yards away from me, with the cost of fuel ect, I'll have to think about it.......

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Thats right, rushing home again............................................./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Memorial.jpg

Reaction score
Greater Manchester, Merseyside and environs - so that will involve..Monk, Uncle Dave,Ed, EC, Corkers, Gav, Ric, Wendy P, Spiders, me...amongst many others.....

hmmmmm...swings and roundabouts...what is the state of the housing market at the moment??/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Donald,

A few years ago we used to have quite regular meetings of the 'Wessex Maffia' but a good few have since left for pastures new.

Seemingly, it is now only Mark Wintle and I left now, but, if anyone is interested, then let me know and we'll meet up at the Bull in Downton.

Laney

Reaction score
Any Norfolk\Suffolk FM'ers wanna meet give me a shout, would be good to get some tips of the local guys! /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
Jesus, there's not exactly a huge response from up North !

How very disappointing--

I'm jealous of the Southerners,sigh, all them nice waters,sigh, where's the nearest viaduct-----/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Southerner's............ Only PJ so far, best part of three hours due south of me!

??

Posh Paul not far off the same distance north!

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Winco,

You've been down here enough (poaching our southern fish) that you are an honourary 'Southerner' so you are welcome to the Bull at Downton anytime.

A few years back there were John Pleasance, Dave Slater both excellent anglers and damn nice blokes to boot, plus Nigel, Mark and a few others.

FM seemed to be a much nicer place on those days . . . . . .

M

mark norris (ACA)

I`m up for it.

I am in Herts. area but can manage Norfolk/suffolk or Lutterworth.

Laney

Reaction score
Emmo!

i am up near potter heigham right on the broads, but its not far to thetford, if you fancy starting a broads area meet, send me a message and i'll give you my email addy!

That goes for anyone else down our way aswell? though i do have to say i am only home for a month at a time then away for a month so half my years out of country/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Glad to see that so many support my idea, it seems as we might get a real national network going!

Anyone in my area, I might suggest the Yellow Lion at Aston becuase it is just of J31 of the M1 and the A57, so dead easy for most people living in the area.

Let me know by Personal E-mail.

Don

The bad one

Reaction score
I'd suggest Fred's will be the one to go to, as he know his REAL ALE and probably all the best Pubs East of the Trent /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

For the Manchester one it has to be the back room of the City Arms City centre . Not on Thursdays though, the ****head Labour Councillors meet in there after the council meetings.

I only go in on Thursdays when I want some fresh meat to eat.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

We in South Yorkshire, Notts and Lincs have the perfect meeting place.

The Haxey Gate Inn near Misterton where the 3 counties merg.