Sleeping Bag

G

Gary Knowles

I'm after a new sleeping bag and looking for some feedback.

I do little or no winter fishing so I don't really need a 5 season one. I want zips down both sides, one that can turn into a 'quilt' for just draping ver me rather than zipping up, preferably a few pegging points to secure it to the bedchair and a wide bottomed type (not cocoon style) so I can get in with my boots on if required...and most importantly I don't want to pay a fortune.

Any feedback, recomendations, or ones to avoid welcomed...

cheers in advance

Gary

K

Kevan Busby

Gary, have a look at the Fishrite bag. About ?40 it has all the features you need and then some more. Don't buy the Rod Hutchinson bags, total crap workmanship, I had to send 2 back as they just fell apart after a few trips. I can see why he fell out with Relum!

R

Richard Dunn

I've just bought the Fishrite one, zips both sides & can be fastened to your bedchair. I've not used it yet but it looks like it should be o.k.

S

Stuart Johnson

Gary, get a busty blond, keeps you warm and can burst open zips at a flick and if your lucky will peg you down with out difficulty. The good models also come complete with a brewing and ready prepared food kit.

D

David Will

Gary try a JRC 3 season , currently about ?30.00 , had one for several years , excellent for the spring summer.

P

Paul Williams

Stu.....thats why you were soaking wet in your bivvy last weekend????.....i'm telling kitten!!
Gary....as kevan says the fishrite sounds good, it has a flap at the front (head) to slip over the bedchair that apparently stops it slipping down and ties on the side.
I use a JRC waterproof cover for summer nights, i can throw it over me but still throw it to one side when needed......coupled with a pertex covered fleece suit and i'm fine in most weather conditions.
Gotta agree with Kevan about the Hutchy gear to...at least nowadays.

S

Stuart Johnson

Paul, for gods sake don't, she will want some to. 'Pert' ex nice.

R

Richard Bytheway

the shakesphere cypry bag aint too bad at all

D

Dave Hellard

I have the trakker bag, ?39.99 abosolutly massive! double zips, fleece lined, might be a bit warm for spring / summer fishing though

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Let me see if I've got this right Gary, since Wendy stated she was coming to the 24 hour compo you now want a new sleeping bag! hmmm! Double perhaps?

R

Ron Clay

Gary,

I know a blonde called....

Better Email me direct :eek:)

E

EC

Gary, being a blue nose like meself I suggest you buy one which you can bury your head in as deep as poss, that said, a window of sorts would be a nice extra coz Moysies boys, or the new found PEOPLES CLUB, are actually playing a bit of good stuff every so often, so it might be worth peeking out in the cold depths of winter!

W

Wendy Perry

Mmmmmm i can see i'm gonna have to put up with alot of stick from you lot on the 12th June lol

P

Paul Williams

Yep Wendy a lot of ick.....damn my keyboards jamming!

S

Steve Plant

Just been looking through the new Fox catalogue, has anyone got the new quilted summer sleepeeze yet? Crap name I know, but is it any good? If it's warm enough, then it looks ideal & should be alot less bulky than a proper bag.

Steve.

G

Gary Knowles

Paul......why havent you confimed. all these lewd comments and still no confimration. Are you actually SCARED of meeting Wendy in the flesh ??????

as she's a Northern gall she'd probably be far too much for a brummie to handle anyway.

I bet your having another 'dropback' as you read this, eh, mate ?

C

Chrisx Ess

Have none of you lot ever heard of camping? Don't you think there might be a better range of sleeping bags, and for that matter, tents - and at a better price - in a camping shop? There are several big camping stores around the country. You all witter on about bivvies leaking. Well, anybody who EVER went camping knows perfectly well that a tent without a flysheet WILL leak! By the way, tents are available in larger sizes too. In fact, there might even be enough room to take your kids with you!

C

Chrisx Ess

I know what the problem is! There are no GREEN tents! (unless you buy a boer war marquee from the army & navy). However, there are green sleeping bags. (How come nobody's adopted a military term for a sleeping bag yet? What is "army" for sleeping bag anyway?)