catching the same fish twice

marie marling

Reaction score
If catching fish is supposed to be so damaging to fish according to the antis. How come you can catch the same fish twice the same day .If not the day after it PS me off to no end when you get them spouting shit about 70% of fish we catch die as a result .

C

Colin North, the one and only

Not quite catching the same fish twice in one day, but I recall once on the Grand Union striking at a bite and unfortunately snapping off. I tied a new hooklength, baited up and cast to the same spot, got an almost instantaneous bite, which turned out to bea roach of about 1lb, with both my hooks firmly in its lip, maggots still wriggling on both.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago Andy Nellist and I were fishing Throop on the Stour, it was a rock hard day with few bites.

Andy struck into a nice Chub which fought for about 2 or 3 minutes before breaking his hook length.

Now, Andy is not one to be beaten and within an hour or so he struck into another Chub which upon landing had his hook length still in its top lip.

That fish had been <u>hooked</u> and <u>played</u> and yet in around an hour was obviously <u>feeding confidently enough</u> to have been <u>caught again.</u>

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
I have caught the same fish more than once on several occasions, including a clonking perch of around 2 lbs 3 times in an afternoon, each time on lobworm.

Fish caught on multiple occasions include perch (most often) carp, tench, pike and chub, and I have also caught fish lost by fishing companions.

However this is over a 45 yr plus period, and these might be the exception rather than the rule.

If fish were that bothered commercial fisheries would not be a viable proposition.

Red Army

Reaction score
If catching fish was so damaging to them with 70% or above casualties there wouldn't be any commercial fisheries....or am I missing something /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gif

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
I bet there are very few adult fish that have never been on the wrong end of a hook in river or lake and if you fish a popular area even on a river then it is almost a certainty that those fish have been hooked numerous times.

Never listen to antis and certainly never believe their so called facts, they are pure invention to impress the gullible in this world and the gullible in this world have been hooked more times than any fish.

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
Don't believe PETA's lies, they deliberately euthanase more animals every year than the UK'scoarse anglers kill fish.Fact!

marie marling

Reaction score
how do they collect their info if their anti fishing they crack me up they object to hurting animals /fish but they don't mind beating up people for fishing including kids .

Red Army

Reaction score
They should be careful with their beating up though....this was in the News yesterday:

Seven animal rights activists who intimidated customers of Huntingdon Life Sciences by blackmailing them have been jailed in the UK for between four and 11 years.

[.......]

Sentencing the seven, Mr Justice Butterfield called the campaign "urban terrorism" and a "relentless, sustained and merciless persecution" that had made the victims' lives "a living hell". The judge said he accepted that the seven had genuine deeply held beliefs that animal testing was wrong, and had the right to protest, but told the activists that companies "had the right to conduct vital biomedical research" and "the right to conduct lawful trading".

The judge added that "I expect you will be seen by some as martyrs for a noble cause but that would be misplaced," he told the seven. "You are not going to prison for expressing your beliefs, you are going to prison because you have committed a serious criminal offence," he concluded.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Once caught a 5lb carp on 6mm pellet, an hour later a mate fishing two pegs up from me caught the same carp on sweetcorn.

Do scientists not say that goldfish only have a 5 second memory.

Animal rites activists sayscientists carried out experiments on fish (cruelty to fish to be experimented on) and watched the ractions of the fish after injecting them with bee venom. Not in the fishes mouths but in their backs. Apparently this caused the fish to go intospasm.Hence they concluded it was cruel to fish with hook and line as it caused stress to the fish.

Ihave never witnessed any fish take a bee so cannot comment on what their behaviour would be.

slime monster

Reaction score
I have witnessed fish taking another bait whilst on the hook one was a pike the other a carp being carefully played on very light tackle in a match hooked fair and square in the mouth by adjacent anglers......a particularly thick fish !

Red Army

Reaction score
Did the ended up spliting it into 2...I mean the weight not the fish /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
70% thats total bullshit.also ive hookedcarp on the surface and snapped off then they come back later..... greedy /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Red Army wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Did the ended up spliting it into 2...I mean the weight not the fish /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>No the guy that netted it claimed it.
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Red Army wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote></blockquote>
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Clive Moore 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>70% thats total bullshit.also ive hookedcarp on the surface and snapped off then they come back later..... greedy /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>
What is bullshit Clive?