Whos gone fishing today?

Reaction score
Anyone wet a line today were the carp biting,or was i just another waste of time?

still gets you out the house../forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

bigbass

Reaction score
Hi solar no fishing today but going this Friday to Sunday in Oxford. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif
As long as there's no ice and it's not flooded /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
im going tomorrow, im not looking to catch any particular type of fish, I just need to get out and fish. If I catch then its a bonus.

I have thought about a venue and have read up on it, I am using tactics that are non fish specific, im going well wrapped up and I have lots of brew kit.

I will be happy to catch anything with fins. Yes even muffins

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
i went today and only caught VERY small carp.....wish i had access to good lakes/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

dadondo

Reaction score
hi solar i went on wednesday , i had four smallish carp but great fun all the same just nice to get out and fish .

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
My success rate on the Rother at the moment is averaging atabout one fish in every four visits; rock hard.

Another foot out of the river and i reckon it might throw a fish up; we live in hope...........

newbieneil

Reaction score
I went to the avon at harvington(evesham) fished the lock `pass through` section as the main river was well up and absolutely bombing through...my mate nearly got the car stuck on the wet grass,wheels spinnin all over the place...he had to sit back in the car a few times to warm up a few times!lol ...it was treacherous to say the least!...we was sitting 45 degreesnose down as the water was about 3 ft up over the concrete ledge and we was perched on a slopingbank ...after about 2_3hours of not a single bite and the wind picking up we were contemplating jacking it in at a bout 12 then my mate had a small roach as he was retrieving his lead (we were both ledgering).At about 12.30 we`d give it the benefit of the doubt-the wind was starting to blow a small gale and it would of been hard to see a barbel bite on the rod tip -nevermind asmall roach with the quiver tip going ape in the wind,my mate was back in his car for another warm up and a fag and i was starting to slip about in my self made quagmire...as his chair blew over and his bait box blew into the river we both agreed we could take no more!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Iwent fishing today, I caught on my pole, I caught on my float rod and I caught on my light feeder rod. I only caught four fish a small roach a decent perch a commom carp of 6lb ish and a common carp of about 12lbish. Can you guess what fish I got on what tackle.

The best part of my day was helping a young lad (on his birthday) catch fish on the pole and regulate his feeding regime until he was getting bites.

The venue is a nice match venue with 30 or so pegs and if I can catch on there so can anyone. It has a small bait and tackle shop on site and it has a hungry horse pub just over the fence that does a great anglers breakfast. Attached to the pub is a hotel for overnight stops. Its pretty central in the midlands and has easy access from the M1 and M6.

Is anyone else thinking what im thinking ?

Rich Hallam

Reaction score
If your near chesterfield derbyshire try out homegate pond its a good winter venue with carp from 6 to 19lb coming out all winter at least 3 fish a day session /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

John Southgate

Reaction score
need a bite so heading down to thorpe lea (i know some people have strong views about that venue and i do try to avoid it these days, but sometimes you just gotta catch). going for 3 days, looks like snow sunday / monday. now wouldn't it be a nightmare if i got snowed in /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
John I hope you enjoy your time there mate, if ya want any info for there give Ian Gemson a shout he coaches there and is a mine of info.

John Southgate

Reaction score
yeah, I've been lucky enough to fish with Ian a couple of times, always a great pleasure. Will report back, the forecast has got worse since yesterday - still, it's better than being indoors or in the office right!!!