What would you do?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
There is alway's talk of Angling being banned.

Angling Trust or Not, if this government, or any other, or the EU Banned Angling, what would you do?.

I for one would just carry on fishing, in the open where I can be seen, no matter what the law may say, or do.

I will<u> NEVER</u> give up fishing for anyone or anything, would you do the same.?

marie marling

Reaction score
you know it. the problem is certain people will not be happy untill animals/fish have human rights.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
If the animal rights people got fishing banned, I think I might take to hunting them with a paintball gun.

Could be fun chasing them down the street and shooting them in a catch and release type game.

Seriously though, I doubt it will ever be banned, whilst we eat fish from the sea for food, all around the world, it would be impractical to ban fishing, if it was banned in this country, then fishing holidays abroad would have to be the option.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
I'd be sorely tempted to take up assassinating the kind of politician who would set more store by the views of half a dozen shrill activists than those of a couple of million quiet anglers.*

In jail, I'd be able to see if I really do have a novel inside me...

*NB this is strictly hypothetical and not an incitement to etc., etc,...

In reality, I'd probably stop (no point getting jailed for a day's fishing, and can't afford fines, lawyers or anything like that)but I'd campaign to shift the T****s who let it happenin their term in office. And I'd probably emigrate.

I've liked all the Czechs I've ever met - what are the fishing, property prices, job prospects for my sprogand language complexity like there?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
If i definately had to stop etc....i`d sit on my fat arse all day and play bingo on the pc....just like the mrs !!!!

She`s won no end of dosh over the past couple of years.....can`t be bad ehhh !!!

On a serious note,i`d never give up even if it was banned.The law is an ass and i would break it with no guilt or worry.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Mithrandir,

Would you hang up your rod's in the UK then, or carry on no matter what?.</blockquote>

Probably Ray, I like to be a rebel, but would not enjoy the hobby if I was always looking over my shoulder for coppers, did enough of that as a boy, and with my heart I could not out run them now LOL

marie marling

Reaction score
ALAN you will be getting the doughnut's attention now watch out for the thought police/forum/smilies/hot_smiley.gif.

Reaction score
Carry on fishing - there are some things which are worth fighting for...not many..but that's one.

I suspect any such legislation would be enforced with the same ruthless rigour the police have enforced the ban on hunting with dogs!!!! (i.e. not at all!!) - might be amusing to pop along to the Police National and arrest the lot of them...or perhaps not...don't want to be coming up in lumps after my body has kept hitting their boots!

I'd move to France

Le Paul de Posheur

marie marling

Reaction score
do you know how many police men fish loads .posh Paul it would be like Dunkirk in reverse .no insult intended to the men who died for us .

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Whatmore wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I would take up woman chasing, it would have to be a fun thing cos at my age there ain't a lot I could do if I managed to catch one/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Graham; I can just imagine you in one of the Benny Hill Shows. All the dolly birds chasing you around the place !.<blockquote class=quoteheader></blockquote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

There is alway's talk of Angling being banned.

Angling Trust or Not, if this government, or any other, or the EU Banned Angling, what would you do?.

I for one would just carry on fishing, in the open where I can be seen, no matter what the law may say, or do.

I will<u> NEVER</u> give up fishing for anyone or anything, would you do the same.?</blockquote>

I,m with you on this one Ray; If it should ever happen.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
Nobody knows when I go fishing or where, so why would anything change?

I'm unlucky if I see anyone when out Piking.

Slightly different at Grafham though.

marie marling

Reaction score
everyone put hoodies on and go fishing in large groups thats how the kids get away with breaking the law. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
I would carry on fishing, but I can't believe it would be banned, where is the groundswell of public opinion, and where are the votes in it for politicians.

I think that most people in this country are now getting fed up with the anti,s.

However nothing in this life is certain except death & taxes.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Forget the antis banning fishing, they are less than nothing, we can deal with them.

It Is Brussels Where The Danger Will Come From.

Yes I would carry on fishing and put two fingers up at them. Just like France would.