smartcast

ian brockie

Reaction score
Hi all, could anyone give me any info on where i can buy a replacement sonar unit for my huminbird smartcast.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ian give Cakey a try mate, hes the dogs wotsits with lektrickery and all things humminbird.

quorky

Reaction score
thier new ones out that u can change the battery in .theys some on ebay mate

ian brockie

Reaction score
Hi Quorky, yes i did find the one's you can change the battery. But i did manage to change the battery in my old one and it's working fine now. Thanks for your help Quorky.

Ian...........

ian brockie

Reaction score
It was a lot easier than i thought it would be. It's just a case of cutting round the seam, then de-solder the contacts,lift the circuit board up as the battery is underneath it. Then re-solder then glue the two halves. The only fiddly bit was the soldering Quorky.

I'm thinking of mounting it on a boat (any suggestions on this Quorky) or should i just tow it with the boat?

Ian....

ian brockie

Reaction score
It's an old motor launch that i've been modifying . I think i can make a bracket for the transmitter. 'll take a photo of the launch Quorky for you to have a look at( won't be till next week as i'm at work for the next few day's.

Ian....

quorky

Reaction score
on micro cat u can use metal bar bent down and fixed to the handle jublee clips to hold it on and the same to the tranmitter dus that help

ian brockie

Reaction score
Yes it does thank's Quorky, many thank's. I'll let you know how i get on with it.

Ian.

ian brockie

Reaction score
Ayup Quorky, not yet mate, benn doing a loads of nights and still have a few to do (ie) 14. Then it's a few weeks off then i can get the boat sorted and a few pics of it for you.

Ian.....