Bob's Blocked

• Thread starter John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.
  • Start date
J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

First the Barbel Police, now we have the 'Thought Police'

Personally I find it disgusting that the thread was locked, there are many threads on this site that should be locked but people are still allowed to express their opinions, no matter how BORING they become.

Shame on whoever the faceless Polit Bureau member is.

I thank you Bob for posting the link

Reaction score
A shame really because I was going to add something really whitty and funny and clever to the thread and everyone would have found it really funny and laughed until it hurt and then said, "oh, Matt you really are very funny".

Have a look at thisinstead

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Personally thought Lord Paul played a blinder on that thread very funny .

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
It was good Matt was,nt it .I bet there is a few errors our punctuation tyrant could correct there;
I don't know why it was blocked but I hope someone will enlighten us I always miss the best bits.I bet Spiders knows he stays up well late like a bat that man.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
AndScientific studies have shown that our eight legged friends react in the same way to funny things as humans ,so really we are all a bit like spiders .
Me and my mates carried out this study while at college with a glass a spider and a bit of mary jane ,the spider definatly went and chilled out for a while.

F

Fred Bonney

I think John is highlighting a different Thread!

I blame it on Greg!

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Yes why was my "2Bobs -we miss you" thread locked - it's not as if I mentioned anyone by name - except 2bobs/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Skoda

Reaction score
It is a shame, it's one of the funniest things I've read for ages, I was going to reply in the style of L.Swords but I was too late, plus I'm a bit shy. And it probably wouldn't have been as funny as Matt's.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
maybe if threads are to be locked then who ever locks them puts on why - I don't mind being told I'm an insensitive moron with the subtlety of a brick through a window

Lord Paul

Reaction score
I never set out to hurt anyone feeling - but if it happen then it's a bonus/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I locked the thread, and you can have a go at me as much as you like for that but don't ever think I'll hide from those decisions. Quite often threads are locked, edited or deleted without explanation for no other reason than there isn't always time to explain.

It was late last night when I locked it, after pondering the decision most of the evening. Most of the pondering was between leaving itto rumble onor deleting it, and in the end I took the middle ground and locked it.

I saw the thread this way: Yes, it was funny, but it was personal andat someone's expense who has chosen to no longer be a member of FM and without rejoining isn't in a position to defend himself (should he think he's got something to defend).

The site has been sold but not to the point where a buyer can't pull out if someone, rightly or wrongly, decides to make a fuss. So maybe you can understand why I'm a bit jittery just now.

Also,such as the 'Bob' thread are fine providing they don't go any further than they already had, but already we had members posting under someone else's name (near enough anyway, ie 'Blob Roberts, which is not on) and there was a clear danger that the usual suspects would take things a step too far and give genuine cause for concern.

However, maybe, just maybe, I'm being a little too cautious. So, put yourself in my position, think about it a bit more deeply, and then convince me, on this thread, thatthe 'Bob'thread should have been left open. If you can convince meI'll unlock it.

Can't be fairer than that.