Angling Crust

Reaction score
This is a thread about Angling Crust ,

Which bread, of all the breads available to mankind, is the best for fishing purposes, and why?

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I used to buy a long uncut loaf from a small local supermarket, Deas. Sadly since they were taken over by Sainsburys its not been available.

Trust me, it was best Angling Crust, ever /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

E

EC

We should alljoin angling crust as it kneads our dough.The naysayers'll not get a rise out of me however, asat yeast I am supportive of the project.

Good thread Bob, catch ya later flour.

*coat

Reaction score
I swear by Warburtons white medium slice - it is the best bread hookbait by far...a bit pricey but hey - I compensate by buying cheap value bread for family consumption. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

EC

French stick

*loads of crust

*stays on the hook

*rubbery

*lasts ages

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>EC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

We should alljoin angling crust as it kneads our dough.The naysayers'll not get a rise out of me however, asat yeast I am supportive of the project.

Good thread Bob, catch ya later flour.

*coat</blockquote>Dough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MJ

Reaction score
there are 2 supreme candidates:

1. Warburtons Extra Thick white sliced (green packet)

2. Morrisons Farmers Boy Extra Thick White

both v.similiar tight grain size, excellent crust texture and hookability. stays on hook for ages, smells perfect, tastes great, catches more fish (carp chub barbel roach bream) than anything else and both under a quid for enough to last me a day. nuff said.

oh, and no £20 joining fee, benefits package, bulls**t detractors or silly forum threads included. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

As Harry Enfield once famously said "nice whiite bread wi' nowt farted about with! Dont be a puff, eat white bread!"

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I bought some Morrison's Farmhouse in Stamford last year and it was rubbish, worst of all I bought three chocolate bars marked up at 3 for the price of 2 and the $uggers charged me for 3! They didn't catch either. Their Scotch Pies werent much better either.Two packs of four for the price of one, really took some eating and I was glad when I'd finished them.