Dinsmores Selecta-SHOT

P

Paul Scattergood

Not sure what lines you use but .20 is 12lb in my box with 5lb being equal to .12mm. /forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

I think a gadget like this is only an advantage if u can use it with No.8 shot and below ( Preferably down to No.12 ) with a line diameter of .20mm down to .08mm which is the sort of lines most anglers who use small shots in the main always use. Otherwise why bother????

W

Wolfman Woody

Crikey Paul, something is wrong because I can't think of anyone that makes a .20mm line of 12lbs breaking strength. Usually .20mm is between 4 and 6lbs and the shot will go on upto .30mm, usually about 10lbs or so. Whose line are you using?

The shot sizes are 8, 10 and 11s. They are intended for use on carp rigs for pole and margin fishing, but others might find alternative uses.

Red Army

Reaction score
Yes the "strongest" 0.20mm are just over 8lb bs but nowhere near 12lb /forum/smilies/eye_rolling_smiley.gifand at best a 0.12mm could be around 4lb...but even that is based on stated diameters rather than true diameter. A real 0.12mm is more likely to be around 2lb bs and a real 0.20mm around 5lb bs.

stikflote

Reaction score
just looking at a box of M,A,P line 0.12 is 3lb or 1.36kg ,and a spool
of ultima 0.27 =8.2lb so its down to whos lines it is

fred hall

Reaction score
For the bog-eyed like me the Preston Innovations "stotz" are rather easier to handle than micro shot (IMHO).