BLOODWORM

B

BARRY PECK

Hello all i am just enquiring if any body could shed any light on fishing bloodworm flavoured baits over leaf mould and silt .

Are there any hard and fast rules and any recommended styles either rig wise or bait application etc .

All the best

BAZ/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Barry,

I have watched Carp in the margins , and they tend to avoid grubbing about in leaf mould. Siltbeds are a different matter though. This is where you are likely to find bloodworm. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules as how to fish in silt. Some people swear by chod rigs.

<u>This is what I do.</u>

I use a lead core leader fished on a slack line, and a free running lead. The leadcore will bury its self in the silt. The lead its self is on a small paternoster link about 5 inches long. The reason for that is so the lead will not pull the hookbait down into the silt. And it is very rare that I use any boilie or pellet over 10 Mil. A bloodworm pellet with a piece of fake corn on top works well. a ballanced bait like this will help the hookbit from sinking too far into the silt. A twelve inch hooklink, and a size 8 or 10 hook. Thead a small stick mix or pva bag onto the hooklength if you want to.

Personally, I also use a flying backlead and or a backlead to pin the line down on the bottom.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Baz.

thanks for the reply Baz, I really do appreciate it.

Baz.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is quite a few them Baz; That ask,s for info. Then have not got the manners to say thank-you.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I hope he doesn't mind Jim, I thanked me for him.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Baz; I,ve had a few on here, asking the best waters to fish in Scotland as there coming up for a week-end/two weeks.

I will not say on an open forum, so I PM them some info, and they do not even reply with a thank you. Ignorant -------- I call them.

So all newcomers asking, I just don,t bother replying to them.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Once again I would like to take this opertunity to thank myself.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Baz (Angel /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif)

Can I also thank you on behalf of all the people who didn't waste their time on a reply? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I was gonna say what I do as well, but seeing as Baz never got an acknowledgement I dont think im going to bother.

Thank you Baz for answering the man its a big friendly FM thing to do

B

BARRY PECK

Grow up you bunch of cretins some of us work for a living and have a life .

Thank you for your advice but you can ram it .

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Received from Barry Peck:

Is this what this site is about i really cannot beleive the barrage of abuse i have received from these people just for not replying asap .I work for a living and am not at a computer all day .

I expect an apology and or a ban on the people that gave me a the abuse.

Barry

Don't know if you'll get an apology Barry, and there certainly won't be any bans issued. It may have helped if you'd said, as some do, something like,"thanks in advance for any info, as I won't be able to return to the forum until .........."

And as for your last post then there may be a ban issued after all.

B

BARRY PECK

You go for it Graham obviously you have no back bone either .

By the way all the best for the future and with the funding or rather lack of it .

Tight lines /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Ok I apologise. But I apologise to Graham and the other members of FM./forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>BARRY PECK wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

You go for it Graham obviously you have no back bone either .

By the way all the best for the future and with the funding or rather lack of it .

Tight lines /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Backbone to do what Barry? I don't ban members just like that, and I certainly don't ban them because someone says I should. If you'd hadsufficient backbone you wouldn't have complained to me and pleaded for a ban on other members, you would have just returned to the forum and made your case.

What lack of funding? Watch this space Barry/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

"barrage of abuse....." lol!

i do agree though, hard to see how you can get a ban for calling Baz a cretin /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

my 2p though,

"bloodworm flavour" wont smell anything like a bloodworm to a fish, and a 14mm (or whatever) round ball that smells of bloodworm to us wont make a fish pick up a bait if they are feeding on bloodworm any more than any other bait. just think of it as any other flavoured boilie/pellet.

the fact you are fishing over silt/leaf mould doesn't change anything either, just use whatever rig you normally useto make sure the hookpoint stays clear.