TV Adverts For Fishing

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Just sat pondering about the sport at large and I got round to thinking what was the best thing that caught your eye about angling in the TV channels (apart from discovery) over recent years and the EA advert caught my mind .You know the one were we all get made to look like crims! Well even with that in it it certainly got our sport out to millions of people watching .
Anyway my point is this are the EA planning to do more of this advirtising and if so could it be possible to make it a little more less catch the baddies and look at what fishings got to offer maybe some kids smiling with there first fish or maybe something to do with the waters maintained by anglers and the good it brings to communities .
Oh forgot about the hoseasons ads they always give us a good bit of advirtising with there holidays .
Anyway bit of a ramble but there you gothats what I was thinking about in this funny little brain of mine.

Keith M

Reaction score
Yes I think you are right Gav.

A bit of advertising showing the fun andbenifits that the sportgives to encourage more new anglers would not come amiss along witha shortwarning about needing to buy a rod licence..

Muffin

Reaction score
The best one was not fishing in specific terms, but remember the Hamlet advert when they guy makes the fish jump into his net?

I'm gonna go and try and find a link on yu tube, I will be back!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
I think you are thinkingon the same lines as me Keith,they could have been so much more and hopefully they might be in the future ,you never know they might see this thread and think yes Keith and Gav are right and change it for the better;;(we live in hopeth).
I remember the Russ one Muffs and any advirtising is better than none is my view as long as it is not slagging us off.
Also I am not sure if it ever will be possible ie funds but would nt it be nice if the new body took off and eventually advirtised our sport in the manner it deserves on television .

T

Terry D

Ever thought of writing to the EA and passing on your suggestions?

Donald Bain

Reaction score
Just wait for a few months lads, a friend of mine has something on the boil that will get Angling onto the Box, and not just on Sky!

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Terry ,this was not a dig at the EA lads,I should have made that clear .I just thought it could have been a bit more positive.Sadly I am not a letter writer and I know from your previous posts that you get involved with such things and good on you .My limits a post on here .
Donald please tell ,you can't just leave it at that you big tease .