Competing in the Troutmasters

P

pons

I really enjoyed reading that Shane,well done on all your achievements,great photos,and superb write up . Top Man.

Pons

S

Sean Meeghan

Nice one Cat! Did you bring your chillies down with you?

D

David Marrs

Well in Shane, that was a really good read and a nice Zed mate.

CAT

Reaction score
Thanks lads glad you enjoyed reading it, as for the chillies Sean I'm saving them for our next get together, this always reminds me of Beecy /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif lol

CAT

Reaction score
Yes Paul, i also fish the Derwent in fact i had a great couple of sessions a few weeks ago targeting Grayling, i had 15 on the Saturday and a further 11 Grayling on the Sunday i was with a client on a guiding day, he took 6 Grayling and 4 Trout the best going 1.5lb and they generally averaged about 10oz.

As for the Fly fishing i like Carsington best Phil Straton the manager is a sound chap and has put some good fish in over the last two years and now they are really starting to grow on its well worth a visit, Foremark is another well run venue, the fish are there but soon wise up due to the catch and release system, so scale down with the fly size.

I would be happy to book you a days guiding and would include a free casting lesson e-mail me if you want to discuss it further mate and that goes for anyone else that fancys a days tuition.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Good read that mate.

Does this mean you are going to give me and Barbey some competion at Press Manor this year./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good read that mate.

Does this mean you are going to give me and Barbey some competion at Press Manor this year./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>

"BARBEY" ? Graham told him not to wear that blond wig and red high heels at the first Press Manor "do"!!

Some just can't help it!

S

Sean Meeghan

I thought he looked very attractive /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ken wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I thought he looked very attractive /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Oh....you are THAT Ken! /forum/smilies/disappointed_smiley.gif

CAT

Reaction score
Bryan & Barney i will be hot on your heels this year lads, i will remember to get the stalking tactics in to gear under the trees once the sun comes out,/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bryan Baron 2 wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>You can try i won it from the dam the first time hehe.</blockquote>
Only place our heels didn't sink in eh Bri?

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I was fine Paul i were these spread the weight more.
41BYYwYuSLL__SL160_.jpg

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Well done Cat, a good write up.

Nice to see me old mate Pete Cockwill in your pictures. I spoke to him yesterday at his shop and ordered a new Rio fly line. Peter is related to a Cornish Piskie by the way, just like my late wife was.