Free Spirit "e" class

R

Royffey

hi all just wondered if anyone knew wheter a local tackle shop (simpsons of turnford) can fix a new tip ring on to my e class. i pulled 4 a break last nite and the lead flew back and speed straight into the tipbending the ring, also the inlet (fuji line ring) popped out. just wondered if i will require a new top section?

any advice will be appreciated

cheers.

Xplorer1

Reaction score
See my post of earlier today about needing a ne tip ring for my Drennan rod. You should find some useful info in there.

Neil

W

Wolfman Woody

Crikey, what a shot. Lead flying back and all it hits is the tip ring?

Tip rings come off quite easily with a little heat and a little brute force, but you want one exactly the same size (diameter of ring itself and diameter of ferrule that fits over the rod) otherwise it will look a right ham-fisted repair job. If it was Simpsons you bought it from try getting in touch with them maybe first. You will NOT need an new top section.

Otherwise, get in contact with Free Spirit who will help, I'm sure. 01206 386886 or email info@freespiritfishing.com

TOM SAWYER

Reaction score
As Woody says, use a little heat on tip ring, they're usually just put on with a glue stick so heat melts it, remove tip ring,take to tackle shop, get one same size, they will have glue sticks I would expect if they're any good, melt glue stick onto rod and little bit inside tip ring, assemble quickly, lining it up, bingo--------