I am relitavely new to carp fishing whats a good day shelter

M

MCMILLIGAN

I have recently decided to give carping ago and was wondering what is a good day shelter bearing in mind i do alot of match fishing aswell so preferably i want something i can use for both of them any ideas ???

F

Frothey

just use whatever you used for match fishing - the carp wont know!

failing that, JRC oval brolly

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Whats a good day shelter ? a good day shelter is something that keeps the wind and the rain off and its lightweight and easy to put up. It doesnt matter if it has a 'name' on it or how much it costs.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
You can get a 60" flat back brolly with 2 velcro or zipped flaps at the back so you can ship a pole back, thats if you use a pole on your match fishing. I think wavelock do one of these meaning you can remove the center pole and fix the brolley down with 2 extendable poles fixed to the ribs at the front, then all you would need is overwrap or winter skin for it for your day and night carp fishing sessions.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Snooper_Shelter.jpg

I use the Chub Snooper shelter its large enough for two big chairs or eeven a bed chair layed across the front. its very strong and durable as well as being light and compact when put away. You can get these for about £50.00.

I have had so many people come up and rant about how goodthese shelters are after owning the Korum ones

Tight Lines

Spiggy

Reaction score
Has anyone used both the Korum and the Chub shelters?
I'd like to know how the times taken to put up and take down compare - I often like to move swims once or twice during a session.

mogs

Reaction score
I have a Korum day shelter best piece of kit i have bought for day sessions

M

MCMILLIGAN

I have just bought the korum day shelter it hasn't arrived yet but can't wait

Monty Python

Reaction score
If you move swims fairly frequently just invest in some good quality clothing. or if you need to shelter from the winds get your self a brolly, bish bash bosh job done. Save’s messing about dismantling a shelter.

I use a JRC sti, had it a couple of years now and is still in tip top condition.It comes with an over wrap if I ever need to get out of the weather. The brolly it self takes me les than 5 mins to put up, (never actuality timed it but its up in no time) takes a little longer to put away cos the bag is a little tight with the ground sheet in, it looks a little like the Chub Snooper Shelter Lite shown above and for £59.99 the chub one would be a good purchase and do everything you want from a shelter. If I had the cash and could go out get a new shelter tomorrow I would go for Trakker Pioneer Specimen Ultralite. They are the dog’s dangleshttp://www.bivvies.co.uk/brolly-systems/trakker_pioneer_specimen_ultralite.html

ellcodd

Reaction score
whitchworth brolley system cost about a 1er carnt go wrong takes about couple mins to put up then you can start fishing

Carpmark

Reaction score
id use the trakker a lite, can be bought for 99 quid and if you buy the over wrap is more than capable of being used for the night sessions to