E A Rod Licence

P

Phillips Jerry

Having a bit of time on my hands I thought I give my local river a go went online and bought my licence but was more than little annoyed to find I had payed for full year to find out its runs out at the end of march.As I understand you can carry on fishing on commercials so the closed season exists in name only, Why can,t the licence run a full year from date of purchase ?

preston96

Reaction score
No you CAN NOT carry on fishing commercials..........you cant fish a puddle outside without a fishing licence.

P

Phillips Jerry

I understand this, but my licecne is only valid for 10 weeks and not ayear

F

Fred Bonney

Should have read the small print!/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gif

Or, gone along to the Post Office for a short term licence.

Greg Whitehead

Reaction score
Welcome to the intractable EA and its concerns for its ownfinancial year. Heaven forbid theyarranged things in a way thatthat actuallymade sense for their customers!

P

Phillips Jerry

The E A website show all there options and paying for a full year was still my cheapest option,but when I recived my licence I noticed it has a valid from on it so why can,t they put an expirety date as well ,these licences are compter generated not written by quill on parchment ,may be I have got it wrong

S

Scott Whatmore

For as long as I have been fishing, all yearly licences expire on the next March 31st. It is a bit annoying paying for a year's licence and only getting 7-8 weeks. Best get out a lot and make the most of it. A few quality fish in your net will soon take your mind off it. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

I do mine via direct debit so forget all about it. Even if there is a delay in issuing them as there was last year (or year before). The EA bailiff's have a record ofit so no worries. /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

K

Kevin Perkins

A 12 month licence should run for 12 months. It works for car tax, TV licences etc. etc. and the £20m the EA generates from rod licence sales is a mere drop in their £1000m+ budget, so pleading tidy accounting is spuriousto say the least.

An anomaly thatthe Angling Trust, could take on for us, I would think

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I've never found 1st April to be a problem for the start date, but then I usually get my license on or about the 15th June anyway.

F

Fred Bonney

50p a week, what's the problem when it starts or finishes,?

If you fish lakes and canals you have 12 months from the 1st April, whatever way you look at it.

It would be interesting to know how many of you, only fish from 16th June to 15th March?

My guess is a lot of you don't even fish from November to May.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Surely it would be easy enough to make it run for a year from date of purchase. This would seem the only fair way for it to work.

C

Cakey

and itmight stop the "chancers".......................................

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

And Ed might admit to saying he belives in flying saucers.

F

Fred Bonney

I can't see what difference it makes.

If you buy a licence every year,why should the start date be any different?

The only difference it would make, and that must be for the benefit of the EA, that all licences wouldn't be renewed at one time.

C

Cakey

ok then how about half season licences

June to Sept

Sept to March

F

Fred Bonney

What happened to Apri & May, good tench times?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif