old photo print copys 001_Small.jpg

S

Scott Whatmore

oooo nice!

I've only had nets like that on a lake.Absolutely superb from a river.

W

Wolfman Woody

I can remember roach bags like that on the Trent, not mine, sadly. Can't remember any swims with parquet flooring on them though.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Woody the Wolfman wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I can remember roach bags like that on the Trent, not mine, sadly. Can't remember any swims with parquet flooring on them though.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif </blockquote>
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

webo

Reaction score
aahhh nice photo takes me back to 1984 Rolleston on the Trent my best day ever on the stick 60lb+ of mainly Roach,my old mate Reg Broadhurst put me on the fish after taking a 100lb bag of chub on the wasp grub the week before.

I didnt have any grub but was going to feeder fish casters but i snagged up on the first cast and broke off so i had a trot down with the float and it was a fish a chuck all day long /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifthem were the days.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
I've got a very old photo knocking around somewhere of a 100lb bag of BA roach taken on hemp and tares. I think we were about16 years old then, 1982, I'll try and dig it out.

The two of us were sharing one keepnet!

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
How many were yours then Steve........? /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
1 lb 12oz of them /forum/smilies/party_smiley.gifOr is that his grand total for this winter/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

marie marling

Reaction score
has anyone got a picture of Lee Edwards 300lb bag of chub from the wye when he won the wye champs .

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
Nice bag Dave, looking back at the cold weather we have had recently I must have become a "southern softy", as I can remember fishing when it was so cold that when you sat on your then wicker basket, your waders froze to the ground.

Even in the coldest of weather a few roach & dace would oblige. I fished a 50 peg Fur & Feather at Willington, where 20lb of roach wasn't even enough to get a prize, and I think there were at least 25 prizes.