How Long Do Boilies Inj A Baitbag Keep For?

robin stuttard

Reaction score
I Have Got Around 3 kilo Of Boilies In A Bait Bag

Could Someone Please Tell Me How long They Will Keep For

Thanks

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Robin if they are shelf life ready mades from a good quality bait company and they are kept dry and cool then they will last for months.

If your worried about them at all then why dont you air dry them in a net bag or a pair of your wife/girlfriends tights, then when you next get to go fishing rehydrate them with some watered down flavourings.

I have two lots of air dried boilies in my shed: some fish and cherry ones that I hydrate with apple lucozade, and some active 8 that I hydrate with a good squirt of active 8 particle syrup and a cup of boiling water.

Rehydrate them a day or so before you go fishing

Oh yes and welcome to FM

peter mayall

Reaction score
.welcome robin,

do as trev says if they are shelf lifes,if they are fresh/ frozen and havent been out of the bag ,but are completely de frosted.you should, either stick them quickly in a water to feed and prebait.or air dry properly. If as i suspect that they are more than week old, you should bin them if they are showing signs of going mouldy.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Frozen active 8s get a white coating on them after a few days and are much better at this stage as the active bits in them are working their magic.

If they are completely mouldy then just bin em and start again