am i a fishing junkie

alan jones 6

Reaction score
i wonder if there is anybody out there that goes through what i do. this freezing cold is doing my head in. since november i have only wet my rod 4 times yesterday i had enough and sod it i went fishing with more clothes on than an eskimo wears there were 4 lakes on site 3 were completly frozen i was nice and warm (well sort of) it was a disaster as far ascatching anything was cocerned not even a line bite but oh boy was i in heaven i have had a bad bout of withdrawal sympton i always get if i cant go once a week.when i got home her indoors said i was a different person. i have always found angling to be therapeutic because when i am on the bank nothing else exists except the fishing the wildlife and the countryside. on that point how many times do we read or here how angling helps troubled young people it must be therapy. oh well thats my waffle for the day.

Xplorer1

Reaction score
You and me both Alan. I'm a recent returner to fishing, and boy am I hooked. I had to go out on Saturday myself. Had more luck than you (about 30 roach over 6 hours) on a spring-fed (and so warmer water) stillwater. LIke you I felt so much better afterwards!

Spoddy Dave dst

Reaction score
Same here Alan, its great to catch, but its just being out there that really counts.

Living in a built up area, and not getting as many chances to get out carp fishing because of the weather, you miss waking up and looking out at just water trees and the only sounds you hear arebirds splashing about.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Bit of a bad winter this year fellas,not like the ones recently were it has been possible to get out alot ,never mind we shall make up when the weather warms a little and we will enjoy it even more.

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
The weather has been pathetic, doesn't help with it going dark relatively early either...wish it would warm up, stay lighter and we could all get out there and get fishing. Totally agree that when fishing you can just immerse yourself in the wonderful relaxing environment (usually) and just enjoy being at the waters edge. I have to admit fishing alone for the day is sometimes just the pep up tonic I need, always nice to catch as well /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Red Army

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Macca_EFC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

wonderful relaxing environment (usually) </blockquote>
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifI wish I could say that of all venues I regularly visit...still better than catching virtual fish on a Nintendo WII /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

Macca_EFC

Reaction score
Hence the (usually) I have had couple of irritations on occasions, though I believe I had a rant about the lookalike of the kid out of Bad Santa on a different thread, still irritates me now to think of it *shakes fist angrily* lol

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Red Army wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Macca_EFC wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

wonderful relaxing environment (usually) </blockquote>
/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gifI wish I could say that of all venues I regularly visit...still better than catching virtual fish on a Nintendo WII /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif</blockquote>I go fishing usually 2* week if its not snow on the ground but for this time could do with the wee,any chance for the copy?