Catching The impossible

M

MCMILLIGAN

i no i am thats y ill bring it up 2 moz

u cumin hamburys 2 moz e got ldz of carp stuf a quid

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
i know i was in there tonight i got £32 quids worth of stuff for £17.

and stop typing in bloody text type, you have a proper qwerty keyboard and two full hands full of fingers and thumbs, you have a brain and you know the queens england so tipe it./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

M

MCMILLIGAN

oh ok i will type normally i was looking about the stormshield the korum one and it works out cheaper to get it from hamburys so thats what im going to do, i managed to get a few things in his sale

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Story of my life! Bit too far away from sunny sheffield/forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

After a brolly; f**kin money's burning a hole in my pocket (somethings we NEVER learn!!)

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Yeah...I'll have a quick look now. Im after a Stealth brolly with zip in front but so far only found brolly on its own for £50. Nathan (FM poster) has one for sale secondhand for £60but he's based in Buckinghamshire (is that how you spell it?) so that's a non starter.

Seen one on ebay for £109 free postage but I'm a cheap skate Yorkshireman so I'm hanging on for a second hand bargain!!

J

john conway (CSG - ACA)

I’ve got the book and CD and apart from the absolutely abysmal delivery, the CD is great but the book’s just a coffee table type book with lots of beautiful pics but it rambles on a wee bit.

BTW re the delivery, I ordered the book and CD on 20th Dec 2008 and didn’t get it until early Feb.

There are 3 x 3 hour films on the CD I think there are 8 films in the series and even with the abysmal delivery I’ll buy the other CD’s when they come out.

DZ

Reaction score
I have the book - I thought it rather good and the photography is excellent.

The CD I ordered 5 weeks ago and still it has'nt arrived. The girl in the order depot said "I can't cope- we never expected so many orders and we just dont have time to post and package enough to keep up".

How hard can it be? Aah well.

It's just a shame that Anglings biggest film in years cant sort distribution properly and chose some noddy outfit to do the job. I expect by doing things this way then profit is kept higher- which I suppose you cant criticise as it seems that Martin and Hugh have a large amount of personal funding to try and claw back.

M

MCMILLIGAN

I bought my book from a very good bookshop who specialize in angling books called river reads they also sell the dvd aswell

Maverick

Reaction score
I ordered the DVD in early Jan for my dad's birthday on the 23rd, however a monthafter ordering i'm still waiting.

I didn't even get an email confirmation of the order as stated in the Ts & Cs (it didn't go in my junk mail either), so I emailed Calm Productions after a couple of weeks and they replied very quickly merely to point out that orders take up to 28 days for delivery, but no hint of an apology.

Having read the Ts & Cs I was well aware of the stated delivery, and was verytempted to have a go back at them regarding the lack ofconfirmation email, until I read that Hugh Miles had spent > £250k of his own money, at which point I mellowed in the hope that the DVDs would be worth the wait.

28 days is pretty poor in this day & age, I ordered Bob Roberts' latest barbel DVD last November and it arrived within 2 days. Similarly small production outfit but very impressive service!

NIGE K

Reaction score
i got my book from wh smith it took four weeks to come though but its a good book.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I got fed up after 6 weeks of waiting for the DVD from Calm Productions. I chased it the day before yesterday and lo and behold, it arrived yesterday.

I watched the first episode last night and it is good, it climaxes in an excellent battle betwen Martin Bowler and a 15lb barbel at Adams Mill. the underwater footage is stunning and production values high.

I can see why mainstream TV have rejected it. Hugh miles was stuck between a rock and a hard place in that he needed a "main man" who could catch impossible fish. But he also needed a character at the centre of the show to grip the viewers.

He's a lovely guy and a superb angler but someone with a bit more charisma would have sold the show to non-anglers.

Spiggy

Reaction score
Glad it finally arrived for you Blunderer - I'm still waiting for my book and dvd. Just like others I didn't get the email confirmation either.