What have you caught this year!!

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
has anyone had a beast out yet, or have the weather conditions held you back. any big carp, ive only had a 13lber haha/forum/smilies/i_dont_know_smiley.gifalso, is the piking happening???!!

would be nice to hear about it....(am i fishing considerably bad?)

webo

Reaction score
Clive its not just you mate its been hard for me too,i managed my first Pike of the year yesterday 6bl ish,8lbish and a 13lb8oz so hopefully a corner has been turned.

tight lines Webo

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Do you want to hear about chub.If yeas then I tell you i had 5lb,5,4lb and then 6lb chub on ribble.heard about 33lb pike came out recently from there,somwere by preston-thats a beast!

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
every one loves chub!!!!!! what about THE king of course fish, CARP.

no seriously, those are nice chub, i would lovea local river i could cycle to and chub and fish for barbel!!!! oh well.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

This year I've hadChub to 6lb 5oz, Roach to 2lb and Silver Bream to 1lb 10oz

Muffin

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>This year I've hadChub to 6lb 5oz, Roach to 2lb and Silver Bream to 1lb 10oz</blockquote>

There was me thinking its just the really c**p conditions we have been having preventing me from catching, maybe I need to examine my inner fishing technique and stop blaming factors outside my control!

To be honest though, even when I dont cacth I still learn stuff, like dont go fishing when its Minus 7 and always fish with your back to a 20mph northerly!

Good luck on the weekend to anyone mad enough to brave it like me /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
I haven't even been yet! lol. I wouldn't go in temperatures below 10c, sorry but I don't enjoy it. Don't get me wrong I don't mind the cold, but freezing conditions aren't good conditions. I do take this opportunity to sort the tackle, as for catching fish, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Heres one for you:
n510927010_1380922_6770.jpg

First Pike session of the year I caught myself a new PB of 23lbs. River Pike sure can fight! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Also helped a friend catch his first fish, which turned out to be a beautiful roach of around a pound and a half from a tributary stream of the Trent in the recent snows, his first cast as well! jammy git! /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

Fishing Nut

Reaction score
Haven't caught anything particularly big this year so far but have caught a PB Golden Orfe of just over a pound.

Bring on the Spring when the Tench Start feeding.