Tackle thieves what would you do

C

Cakey

its not just nicking the tackle ,its the damage they do getting at it

Mine was in a very secure garage (or so I thought) with a yankee car that was my pride and joy at the time ,I had a mega lock fitted in the centre of the door going into the ground.

they folded the corners up nicked the tackle and scatched f**k out of the car getting it out !

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
I'd have a quiet word, where they would then accept the 'error of their ways'. Then I would start the 're-abilitation progrmme' /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

They'd thank me in the long run...........

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
If we were by the water side when it occured there is a fair chance some swimming lessons would be part of the programe....... Free of charge of course. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

I was thinking more of you holding one ankle ,me on the other and hanging him upside down and washing his hair for him....................

are you listening to this row on talksport ?

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Too painless, they'd be on their way to the glue factory if I were in charge. No time for thieves. If anyone out there needs something of mine that badly, I'd try and help if they asked. Stealing a big no-no for me!

Talk sport on, as is Go fishing........ Not quite the same as being out though.

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
A family friend had his shed broken into and all his tackle nicked,luckily he was insured and eventually all his stuff was replaced via a voucher given to him by the insurers,to be spent at Bennetts of sheffield.

The police never made much effort in trying to trace the thieves,,a job which would have been quite easy.All they had to do was follow the footprints left in the snow,over my friends garden fence,this would have led them to a house about100 yards away occupied by druggies/dealers and knownthieving bastards!!!

Needless to say thathim and two of his brothers eventually beat them black and blue,putting one in hospital...broken nose and cracked ribs.They have since moved away,probably terrorising some other poor unfortunates.

Donald Bain

Reaction score
First inform the police, I know it won't do any good but it will support my insuance claim.

Second, look around local pubs and clubs and carboot sales, even market traders. You stand a good chance of finding your gear and the to--er who nicked it.

Third, locate said to--er and deliver them to my friends who are all built like sh-- house doors and take pleasure in inflicting rehabilitation upon such people.

Tell the police where to find the thieves!

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Although my back garden is pretty secure....you`d have to be a bloody determined fence climber and hedge/bramble hopper to get into it and entry to it is only through the house,i would never keep all my tackle in a shed unless it alarmed and some security lighting was installed.Even then i would still be worried !!!

All my stuff is stored away in doors in a cuboard under the stairs and hung up on walls in a storage area.It`s a right royal pain in the jollops to sort stuff out sometimes but thats the price you pay for beating the tackle jackals.

Much to the other halfs annoyance,there is tackle by my half of the bed in the master boudoire as well.Many a time i have been caught paying more attention to my jerkbait rod by the bed,instead of her in doors !!!

marie marling

Reaction score
we keep all our stuff indoors as well. it's in the sitting room, dining room and the bedroom too. the house looks like a small tackle shop. It helps that we both like fishing. If i did catch someone stealing my tackle the 2 dogs would get a gourmet dinner that night. the dogs are very protective of me and the house.

chub angler

Reaction score
I know four guys from Gloucester who caught someone on the bank with their mates rod and reel. And chose Cakeys method IT WAS VERRY EFECTIVE they had all their mates kit the bloke the doughnut (dunkin) bought it off and the little ASBOS who stole it in two days.

chub angler

Reaction score
A bloke had his rod bag with rods in stolen from behind him and the bloke on the other side must of seen them but didn't say f all .And he couldn't chase them because of the rest of his stuff. I peg my stuff down it makes it a bit harder to steal.