loading big pits

lee crisp

Reaction score
hi ive just brought myself some daiwa 5500 br and a bulk spool of whiplash pro now the reels say they can take 520-0.32mm but the dia of the whiplash is 0.06mm now ive tried to work it out so ive got about 350yrds after the backing but i just cant work it out any help would be greatful many thanks

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
just put it on. when i loaded mine i just made sure i went to the lip of the spool on both reals, without running out of the new line.....simple. i doubt you will actually need that much line ever.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Lee the trick is to use a backing line something cheap and cheerful like Daiwa sensor in 15lb.

If you hav a set of spare spools for your reels them you can load up as follows.

1) Wind the braid onto the empty spool.

2) Attach the backing line to the braid with a double grinned knot and fill the spool with the backing line.

3) Now take the full spool off the reel and attach the end of the backing line onto the new empty spool and wind the line and braid onto the new spool.

Simple and easy. PS dont be tempted to over fill the spool as you might with Mono you will get wind knots.
3288867008_f4174e9cbe.jpg

Foxy

Reaction score
If you havent got spare spools, the way i do it is roughly half fill my shimno LC with cheap backing, tie it to the braid with double grinner / leader knot. I know how much line a revoution of the spool takes at that diameterso i just wind it on andcount the braid onto the reel and do the same on the other two. Ians method is more accurate, but i can load mine with about 2 metres of braid left over although i have loaded it a few times /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif