Confessional!!

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Just come back from somewhere in deepest notts; only went to pick up a second hand stealth brolly system and ended up with <u>another</u> greys rod......naughty naughty!

Luckily, the rod fitted inside the brolly bag so the gaffer is non the wiser/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Same kid is selling 3 nr century 2.5lb t.c. rods as well; I tell you it was not easy turning them down!

He's also got a double top bivvy for sale £130 but the front pole has been broken and welded back together. He hinted that he would take less to allow for someone to buy a replacement pole..........

Also got 2 nr daiwa tournement reels with baitrunner conversion; I reckon he'd take £50 for the pair/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

preston96

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Tony Cummings wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Just come back from somewhere in deepest notts; only went to pick up a second hand stealth brolly system and ended up with <u>another</u> greys rod......naughty naughty!

Luckily, the rod fitted inside the brolly bag so the gaffer is non the wiser/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif</blockquote>
I have had some things for months before now, then thought it safe to flaunt them with their used look only for her to look at it and say "Thats new" /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.giflol.....sixth sense the've got Paul.....

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>chub angler wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Tony cant you get her in to fishing as well.</blockquote>

She's been the odd time with me but don't think she's that fussed; sounds like a good plan though...."look sweet heart, I've bought you two Bruce & Walker one and three quarter lb t.c. bad boys; what do you think?"/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif

No, seriously, /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifI'd love Andrea to come with me but such is life......

preston96

Reaction score
My missus used to come with me now and again.......first time she come piking with me i had a 211/2, and a 23.....i told her, it ain't always like this.

Then i went ages without a 20.....she came again....another 20.

Then i went ages without a 20!

Then she again.......yes, another!!!!!!

Then i went ages...........

Then she came again.................................... a huge haul topped by 29+that is still my PB.

I don't know why you make such a fuss about pike for they are easy she says!!!!!!!!!

She doesn't go with me anymore.....kids etc etc, but i still wonder if that 30 is waiting for me (HER!!!)...i know this post sounds like i'm blagging but it's true................she thinks piking is easy!!

chub angler

Reaction score
thats a shametrouble is if you take someone and theydont catchafew times it puts some people off.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

When I was working I used to get any tackle I ordered delivered to the depot where I collected my daily spares from.

My wife insisted she bought me a new waxed jacket yesterday (£20 from Hexham market) I didn't dare tell her I have far better stashed away in the garage.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.giflol! Yur a bad 'un John!

Nathan

Reaction score
I do the same with all the 'little' bits of tackle i get during summer. I'll carefully peel off the price tag & then stash my purchase away in the garage. I managed to keep my new rod pod under wraps under i came back from a fishing trip one day & she was outside.

"That looks new, how much was that then"

"Oh this old thing, i've had it for a while but never took it out" /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
None of my ex-wives ever understood the necessity for new items of tackle, maybe that is why they are now'ex-wives'?

After 3 divorces I am of the opinion that 'Happily Married' is an oxymoron, whereas 'happily single' is a great way of life.

Yesterday I was in the tackle shop and as an impulse buy purchased a Nash Rig Table and remembered those days when I'd have to hide stuff away in the garage.

The opposite side of that is, of course, when you comment on her new dress/shoes handbag, or whatever, only to be told; "Oh this old thing, I've had that for ages'

The only drawback to being 'happily single' is having to convince <u>myself</u> that I really <u>need</u> those new 2.75lb T/C X-flite Carp rods . . . . . . . . but, watch this space.

marie marling

Reaction score
my partner the chub angler sent me to the shop to get him a couple of pints of maggots, i ended up getting a new reel and some swim feeders as well. you see all the new tackle and just can't resist buying it for some reason.

T

Tony Rocca

The first time my wife ever moaned about fishingI told her I had been fishing fora lot longer than she had been aroundso she had no right.

She didnt say a word about me fishing all the time or spending stupid amounts of money on it for the next 25 years.

Still got rid of her in the end though,....... the current trainee wife enjoys fishing herself so it isnt an issue.