cold weather cowards

moody

Reaction score
hello ladies and gents! how many of you braved the snow broke the ice and fished the freeze ? and caught anything? i did the brave bit but blanked /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gifhow bout you guys!!

Monty Python

Reaction score
The waters up here have only just started to defrost, as for breaking the ice to fish no wonder you blanked lol,3 things I have learnt over the years is when to fish and when not to fish, oh and stealth,...

Not forgetting if you leave your line in the water and the temperature drops enough to freeze the surface have a look at your line at the point it penetrates the water when you real in... It doesn’t do it any favours... lol however I do hope to wet my lines for a few hrs this evening after work...

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Cakey I dont think you could be safe anywhere ? Hows your foot ? Do you think you might put in an apearance at the predator thing at OBH ?

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
You go fishing when it's -5, catch nothing but pneumonia, it's full of enjoyment.lol. If you know your not going to enjoy the weather, why go? The last time I went in freezing conditions, everything went fine, set up o.k. By the time it came to putting bait on the hook, I ended up with a size 14 down the back of my finger nail. Let's just say I had a lot of time to warm up in the A&E department at Barnsley General. (we could use barbed hooks back then).

moody

Reaction score
such negativity a good freind of mine from "TOP FOR CARP" went during the freeze recently overcame the ice etc by breaking through with a lead loaded spod brought his rod tips right in tight to the bank and kept an area clear around them during the night his persistance and endurance paid off when he had 5 fish one of which was an 18lb mirror needless to say he was the only person there that night but his quest for a twenty in the snow was one step closer! all you soft carpers out there could learn from this!dead of winter "can be" a time to bank a bigg'n/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
If you can bare the thought of having the worst fishing trip ever, then go and try for a big un. To be honest the most magical mornings are in the winter. The mist rolling over the lake and all the trees white with frost.

moody

Reaction score
couldnt agree more nick /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Monty Python

Reaction score
I agree 100% but smashing the ice to fish! as if you going to catch a carp? freak them out more like/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

foots a lot better thanks Trev but there a bit that wont heal so at the moment with so much weils disease in the Lee Valley its stopping me from fishing

the annoying thing is its about the size of a pin head

slime monster

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Monty Python wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I agree 100% but smashing the ice to fish! as if you going to catch a carp? freak them out more like/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Nothing like a bit of ice breaking to get fish moving ,i have caught loads of Carp through the ice at last knockings

C

Cakey

The most consistent temperature is under ice ........................

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Went out Tuesday manged to bank tree carp to 18lb 2oz got done tree times. Such is carping