Avon Scales

G

Gary Knowles

anyone got a set of 40lb Avons they would like to sell...

They need to be in good condition though....

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I have a set in pristine nick.

But I thought a man of your means would have the latest all singing all dancing electronc jobs.

G

gary knowles

don't trust digital ron....what if my batteries fail !!!

do you want to sell your Avons then ?

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Ron,

I have done a number of tests on the digital scales your talking about, sorry to say, I didn't find them up to the job.

Found the fox scales read OK, IF you had a new battery in them every time, if not the scales gave the wrong reading.

Idid the test against a set of Avon's and heatons that had both been Calibrated, and showed to be weighing correct.

Shame that the Avons are not made any more.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

I know where there are several sets of brand new Avons going for sale.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

he's northern so forgive him, dont be hard on him, a little hand in the right direction is all they need, he's on half term this week so will have a bit more time to work things out for himself and soon he goes to big school

/forum/smilies/party_smiley.gif

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Had a set of Avons, left them behind one day at a well known fishery. Someone had a lucky find!!

Use digitals now - salters, not as fasionable as the fox model - but chosen under the advice of the man in our calibration lab at work. Very happy so far.

Still carry a set of weighmasters, which I find more accurate if you wind them on 1lb first...