New Look Rod Licence.....

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Got to be better than the old paper licence.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

As long as the money is not swallowed up by B******d Brown!

redalert06

Reaction score
now that they are so up to date with their technology they should let people buy them for a rolling 12 month period instead of the current system

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
I have one of the artist's (David Miller) paintings hanging on my living room wall! And yes the new licence really does look alot better, hopefull itll help it sell to all the dodgers out there!

Must agree with Glint though, it would make sense for them to do this although I imagine it would involve spending money on the necessary computers to allow for such a system. Money that would do better going back into fish stocks and habitat maintanence, but it would be nice all the same!

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
It looks good and is still,in my opinion,fantastic value for money!

I hope everythoughtful and law abidingangler will pay his dues..........its for all our sakes and the good of our beloved sport........

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
Perhaps FM should have a system of using the rod licence number to log onto this site just to see who buys and who cheats!!!

(.......................must buy one next week!!)

Clive Moore 2

Reaction score
WOW!!! no commercials then.

i rarely fish commercials, but have been checked twice at them in 3-4 years, any where else never seen anyone from the EA

Paul C

Reaction score
I was never checked for 20+ years and then I've been checked twice in the last two years.

Hopefully a good sign of increased enforcement but it could just be coincidence.

Both times were on rivers, once on a club stretch of the Ribble and once on a club stretch of the Dee.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
all the time i have had a license i have never been checked few years back i decided i would go fishing on a sunday wen i couldnt get a license from my local post office and guess what i gets checked lol i think they should do a foto card license and put it on a system like dvla and u just pay each year to update the system so when u get checked by the enviroment officer he can call through to check its been updated with the paper one i can save my neighbour 20 sum odd each year and let him borrow my license and no one is any of the wiser

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>gordon arnold wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>all the time i have had a license i have never been checked few years back i decided i would go fishing on a sunday wen i couldnt get a license from my local post office and guess what i gets checked lol i think they should do a foto card license and put it on a system like dvla and u just pay each year to update the system so when u get checked by the enviroment officer he can call through to check its been updated with the paper one i can save my neighbour 20 sum odd each year and let him borrow my license and no one is any of the wiser</blockquote>

50,000 members of FM know now ..........!!

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
Been checked four times in the last two seasons, all on the BA. Oh and once more on a club lake close by the river.

Wouldn't mind seeing them even more often /forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Red Army

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Jonny wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>How many times have you been checked for a driving license?</blockquote>

Actually never in this country but quite a few times when I was younger and lived abroad. As for the rod licence never in the UK but quite a few times on the continent.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
wen i lived in kent i was stopped about 2 times a week to show my license and insurance

gordon arnold

Reaction score
i was just saying for example its so easy to let some one else use ur fishing license think it should be more like a foto card least ea can see if it realy urs or not just like the foto card for driving

Tee-Cee

Reaction score
I wonder why the Agency doesn't go for photos with the rod licence..............after all some big clubs and bodies such as Cemex insist on them!

Does anyone know licences issued figures and numbers of Agency people checking them on the bank by county?

It might have been a good job for retired people years ago but I imagine the present crime figures make this a no-no for many..............

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
In the sixteen years I've needed a licence, I been checked seventimes, five of which were in the same season all on different venues. 1996 to 1997.

The following two checks both came in the same year (2000) and again on different venues.

All the venues varied form the obvious commercials to quiet day ticket waters. Two of the checks occurred on veryiscolatedclub waters.Both small river stretches that require a walk through two to three fields from the road, where you may only see another angler ever ten visits.

Moral of the story is - nowhere is exempt from checks at any time, however unlikely. Its not worth the risk.