fishing in cornwall

lee goode 3

Reaction score
Hi everyone, does anyone know of any good fishing spots in cornwall? i fish at st erth lakes if anybody has fished them could they tell me the best way to catch the fish thanx lee.

BarryC

Reaction score
Marazion angling club who own St Erth pool have a website with a forum attatched. They can be found at http://marazion-angling-club.110mb.com

They dont get to many posts on the forum but there is a questions section that might be helpfull. You dont have to be a member to access the forum just register as usual.

Ime not the most clued up angler but have fished several Cornish venues in the far south west (west of Truro) so if I can help just ask.

stephen webb

Reaction score
Lee,

There are many places you can get lists of fisheries etc. Here is one, but people like the EA have lists of them, also listing a lot of free places to fish!

Hope this helps!

BarryC

Reaction score
Hi lee, I live near Falmouth (Penryn)

Ive fished several lakes in the far south west none of which are on stephens list.

If you let me know what type of fishing you are after and I will try and help. I personaly go for venues that dont get many on them. I fish Saturdays and rarely have more than 4 anglers anywhere I go.

Your profile says you are a novice but not how old you are ie do you have transport. A bit tricky in Cornwall without.

Reaction score
Now Lee, i don't wish to be picky but couldn't you have posted this query on the forum a fortnight earlier?

I've just got back from a week near Perranporth - staying at my sisters place. Stunning views, great walks and then the drive for the obligatory visit to Padstow to laugh at the home county lovies queueing at Stein's Fish and Chip shop half an hour before they open - and then visiting the far better and cheaper chippie just up the town - no queue! I've no problem with Rick Stein - it's his visions which mean that Padstow is rammed out of season - benefitting the whole community and he's an absolute cooking saint in my eyes.

Anyway...

On the way how many blooming little fisheries did I pass!!!!! Who hadn't even thought to sling a little bag, road and reel in his car?

I blame you Lee!!!

Won't be making that error again.

Thanks for a useful thread though /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Poshersporth