Can you believe it

R

Ron Clay

I managed to get the May issue of Midland Angler the other day. Turning the pages what did I find: Sedge staring out at me complete with Brummie AA cap.

First Fishing Magic, Then Angling Star and Midland Angler. Where next?

Will Sedge conquer the world?

C

Carp Angler

You make it sound as though it's some form of progression.

Having had my first look at the Angling Star last week, I'm glad I didn't waste money on buying it, when this website gives me a better and more varied content of news and articles.

I haven't managed to obtain a copy of Midland Angler yet, but I'm not that bothered if it's predecessors are anything to go by.

C

Carp Angler

Being a happy go lucky, devil may care kinda guy, I don't know where this Grumpy tag has come from.

If all you bast*rds got off my back, then I'd be bloody happier still.

D

Dave Johnson

Ill mail ya a copy of it Rik, send me your address again and i'll get it couriered

G

Gary Knowles

Rik, just let it go mate - it's eating you up !

Stuart - can you do nothing to cheer him up. He's getting like the grim repaer of the carp world.

I now know why its called his 'carp' column, its because thats all he does carp....carp...whinge....moan...carp...

S

Stewart Bloor

Hello Ron, funny you should ask 'Where next?'...because at this moment in time I am busy working on a book that I have been commissioned to write.

It's called the 'Life and times of Ronald Clay'....I'm still on the first chapter, the bit where you fought off 4,000 Zulu warriors (led by Shaka Hislop) single handed, with just a **** Walker Mark IV Avon rod to fend them off with...

Then when you fled into the Namibian desert pursued by 16,000 Kalahari Bushmen, who couldn't get the better of you, as you lived for three months in the most inhospitable place on earth, on just a 400g pack of Richworth tutti frutti boilies...

And how you survived on wild carp, which you caught by hand, diving off cliffs into the Vaal river, fighting off crocodiles, wild buffalo and Boers...

And...OK, like I said, I'm just on chapter one, which covers your pre-primary school days....

C

Chris Bishop

Ron was standing next to Michael Caine in Zulu, mate - that bit where he goes out after dinner, while the ladies retire, and 15,000 extras wearing loin cloths start lobbing spears and he goes: "Don't chuck ruddy spears at me..." and downs about 50 of them with one shot.

Recognised him as soon as we met up in the Fens last year.

Rik, Midland Angler isn't bad for venue info, certainly better than AT and Angler's mail which have both scaled this down to handful of commercial pools and little else each week.

I think regional angling mags have a bright future. The established media's penetration is so poor there are plenty of gaps in the market.

D

Dave O'L

Cor blimey!
I was panicking that things had changed whilst I'd been away? (I've not really had access whilst moving jobs, houses etc)

No fear - holidays in France - Ron reading every angling publication in the world - Rik being Grumpy????? ;)

Due to a certain amount of belt tightning in chez Dave - I think I'll be having to give up my monthly's. If this happens FM will be my only resource.
Somehow I don't think that would be any hardship.