For the love of Spring

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Always at this time of year I find myself yearning for the green of the trees, late evening sunsets and early morning sunrises. Forever I am imagining myself sitting in the perfect Stillwater swim on a cool Spring morning, fishing the lift under a huge willow tree with a great expanse of lillies spread before me. While the mists roll off the lake as the sun gradually wakes the land.

Theres just something about the anticipation of being able to fish in such beautiful conditions that works me up into a fishing frenzy at this time of year.

In the Spring of my 15th year I became so enamoured by the greening I decided to write a poem to try and capture the dream that had me so excited, as Spring is nigh I thought I'd share this with you all, one for the Tench anglers out there!

Goodbye Winter and roll on Spring.
Roll on Tench unseen
rolling over beds of yellow,
under pads of green.

And, glimpsed barely
through the clinging mists
of an early auburn dawn,
roll over red tipped quill
amongst the stems and spawn.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Poet Finny. Pass me a tissue/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Captured very imaginatively.

best I can do is

roses are red

Violets are blue

Youve caught a fishy

I want one too

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
Haha! thanks Trev.

Funny thing is I havent really caught that many Tench despite a fair amount of trying, my PB was caught on a fly (bloodworm buzzer) and only weighed around 2lbs!

This year old Tinca Tinca is definitely going to be my main target, roll on spring! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
yeah roll on spring, bit of sunshine bit of green and everyone in the world seems happier dont they. I like people when they smile.

DZ

Reaction score
Spring has sprung

The grass has riz

I wonder where the birdies is

The bird is on the wing

Dont be silly

The wing is on the bird