ashton-under-lyne

carpcatcher

Reaction score
hi guys.

not been fishing long and wondering if anyone knew of any good fishing spots within my areas.

mainly looking for stillwaters or day tickets. live in the ashton, tameside area and have transport.

thanks in advance.

W

Wolfman Woody

Coombs Reservoir used to be a cracking venue for bream, but I'm going back 40 years or more now. Ian Heaps used to fish it with his dad.

Or there's always Silver Springs behind Stamford park boating lake.
chadwick-dam.jpg

Ugh! /forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

carpcatcher

Reaction score
i knw silversprings woody. not been around there in a while tho.

you wonder why??? lol

W

Wolfman Woody

When you see all the yellow iris around it, I planted that in 1973, just three small clumps.

Last time I looked there were thousands of them!

Some lillies too.

I wanted Tameside MBC to let Tameside Federation have it (rent free or a peppercorn) and they'd look after it, clean it up, stock it properly and build proper platforms. Sadly, I left the area before I could see it through.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
I live in the hurst cross area. fish a local pond called the "flee pit".

you know it??

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
I hear there's some fishing in the Daisy Nook Country Park on the old canal near Crime Lake.

How far are you willing to travel. There's a lot of water within reasonable distance of A-U-L.

carpcatcher

Reaction score
ive got a car so anywhere upto about an hours drive.

thanks guys for the info so dar

W

Wolfman Woody

<blockquote class=quoteheader>aleasha marland wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I live in the hurst cross area. fish a local pond called the "flee pit".

you know it??</blockquote>

Is that the one behind the old mill and (was it) a bakery - Park Cakes?

My uncle lived on Russel Street in Hurst. Used to go out with many a young maiden from there too long, long ago, but wouldn't step back into the place these days. Well, not after a young kid shouted "Dad!" just as I'd passed. Frightening, very frightening!

Reaction score
God you've set him off on one now Aleasha - actually we've got the market covered - Woody lives in the South and remembers his happy days in t'North whilst I am on a cultural exchange (held hostage) in t'North and tell of my golden youth in deepest Kent.

You could also try the Edgeley reservoir behind AlexPark just down from Stockport County/Sale Sharks ground. The Mersey itself. Peak Forest or Ashton Canals

W

Wolfman Woody

Tell you what, you mght want to meet up with Wendy, one of our longer terms inmates on FM, she's from the Oldham area and knows all the local spots. We just have to entice her on here and then you can message her!

Phil Hatton 2

Reaction score
Reddish Vale used to be good back in my youth. You might want to try Sale Water Park on a day ticket. An hour's drive also puts you within reach of some of the Altrincham AC waters, they have some good mixed fisheries. Also Meadow View in Lymm and Brookside in Stretton are reachable. Both on the internet.

W

Wolfman Woody

An hour's drive can also put you in Marsden's tackle locker and time spent in there nicking stuff will be very well spent.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

It can also put you on some nice Cheshire mere's. Petty pool, if it's still there or New Pool. How about Roman Lakes in Marple?

carpcatcher

Reaction score
no im not related to him.

yeah i know roman lakes, might give that a try sometime