duchess lake wdnac

gordon arnold

Reaction score
i fished duchess lake oundle for a weekend with my brother wich neither of us caught i have been told its an hard lake with only a handful of fish.

Well i am looking for some advice on wat is the best swim to fish and wat baits any infomation will be great. at the moment i am useing smokey herion boilies on a bed of particles but had no joy i then tried tutti frutti pop ups still no joy and get this i set up a match rod with couple of maggots on size 16 hook and believe it or not didnt even get a bite also tried sweetcorn and nothing is there any fish in this lake and does any one know when some one is going to clean up some of the fallen trees that cover up 3 or 4 swims on far bank wen walking round the lake they look good spots to fish

cheers

tight lines

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
OK Gordon sounds like you had one of those days when the fish just didnt want to eat anything.

If you want the trees clearing up, join the club get along to the meetings and suggest to them that the trees need clearing, maybe even volunteer for the workparties and clear them yourself.

A bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
yea i have joint the club i was also thinking about volunteering as i hireing a chain saw to cut a 12 foot hedge down in my bro inlaws garden i was going to suggest that i could maybe take it to the lake for the day and clear the fallen trees up i was trying to find out info for work parties and meetings but i aint having any luck.

Do u fish duchess lakes if so wat works well for u

oh just looked on my booklet there a meeting in march cheers

just asking for advice as this is the first time i joint the club and duchess lake is the only lake i fished so far

cheers trev

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Gordon

if you engage your PM thingy ill be able to send you a PM, I have a suggestion that might just help your situation and your brother in laws too lol

Trev

I fish some of the lakes in Northampton and am interested in yours.

gordon arnold

Reaction score
hi trev not sure how to turn my pm thingy on but i am on yahoo messenger gordon_arnold2002 at the moment i am trying to mark out duchess lake in oundle was fishing a lake regular in kettering just behind the gold course but thats now gone members 250 a year but biggest carp 28ib

also i still need to fish ringstead lake as i hear there a few 40ibers in there only just started up fishing again after 2 years so i payed 30 for wellingborough and nene district to get myself warmed up again but me and my brother fish alot id waters in kent like daranth lakes,elphicks fisheries and dartford lakes all worth abit of good sport