who is on a river this w/end?

D

Dave Johnson

So, WHO IS GOING TO GET ON A RIVER THIS WEEKEND?
BLOODY CAPS LOCK...last weekend saw a wasted trip to the Blythe at Hamstall Ridware-or so I thought, while the river was unfishable, I took the opportunity to find a new stretch-charming farmer who saw a fiver- and lo and behold I now have a 4 mile unfished stretch to go at!
This weekend will see me after old rubber lips with a report to follow- but the essence of the message is-" if u can't fish, put some hours in finding some new waters"-it'l be worth it in future years.........
This weekend will also be spent in memory of one of the finest chubbers of all time, Peter Stone, and I hope to pull one out for him!!!

Chub

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Not at the weekend, but I'm planning trips to three different rivers next week as I'm on hols.

Bristol Avon Monday for perch chub and barbel, Hants Avon on Wednesday for roach and/or barbel and the Teme on Friday for barbel.

It could be a dream week if the weather goes right for me and the levels are dropping nicely. It's got to stop raining sometime hasn't it? Then again......

C

Carp Angler

I'm on the river tomorrow (Friday)
Probably the Lower Dorset Stour, or if it's too bad I might go to the Hants Avon.
If that's too bad, I'll end up at a lake again.....

J

john conway

Saturday - off to fish the Lansil stretch on the River Lune at Halton, the river is dropping nicely at the moment. Some good specimen dace available and bream if lucky. The bream move about some what, let's hope that they are not all in Morecambe bay after some appalling river conditions.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I'm working over the weekend..No rest for the wicked...even when they switch sides!!!Monday its either the top end of the Ribble or the Aire either way I will give you the results.

A

Andy Davis

not sure where yet, but I'm going out Saturday & Sunday ;-)

D

Daniel Whitelock

i been doind a bit of farmer charming too, i got 2 miles of great ouse backwater to fish, even though the river is over a lot of road bridges and rising, the backwater is one of the most under fished places around her, with loads of chub and roach, i'll be there all day tomorrow, let you know the results.......
cheers Daniel

P

Paul Williams

I'm working over the weekend too,it's a small price to pay to get time off in the week to go fishing! but i am really itching to get on my favourite winter rivers, the Severn and Wye, but the worring thing is will the fish be where i would expect them to be at this time of season after this topsy turvy winter?

D

Dave Johnson

Managed to winkle 3 nice chub from the Blythe-and it was great to be on the river again, seems like ages since that tip last pulled round.

R

Ron Clay

Talk about the best laid plans.... In October I was looking forward to some barbel sessions on the Trent. The it started raining!!!

Before the deluges I had some really class roach fishing on the Don near Mexborough S Yorks. Fish up to 1lb 8 oz which is fantastic when you think that the Don used to flow three different colous in a day 30 years ago.

A

Andy Davis

It's typical, finishing work @2:30pm all this week and because it's been raining so much the river right up again/still
ho hum...did manage to get on a lake on Sunday

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
My three river plan for the week has been well and truly scuppered. The Bristol Avon became unfishable on Monday as I fished it and the trips to the Hants Avon today and Severn on Friday have both been cancelled. I will just have to go small crap bashing somewhere...

D

Dave Johnson

Cooperman....for some reason I can picture you with a bankstick knocking seven shades out of some poodle shit.....
only joking mate, I tell you what, it was heaven to watch that tip pull round sunday afternoon and feel a good chub on the other end.
Chub

M

Mike Fidler

Oh dear! just fell off the computer chair I was laughing so hard!!! nice one chub.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Well I went on the Aire lovely day, perfect conditions, Rising air and water temps and caught....a minnow!!!!Still it was nice to get out again.
Dont fancy most peoples chances this weekend though the weather forecast is awful.

Reaction score
nd Dove Iching to get on the beloved Dane and Dove especially the upper dane,weather permitting .............

D

Dave Johnson

Yes, I think I will try and find a fishable bit of the Dove on Sunday and sit it out for a big barbel......theras, I might go fluff chucking at Gailey and see if any of the resident pike have come out yet..
ps Cooperman, Terrier turd is quite small if you get the right breed!

R

Ron Clay

By the way I fished the Don last Sunday and had a most frustrating day. I picked a slack with a shed full of good roach in it. Fishing a small stick float and casters right under the rod tip, I never saw a sign of a bite. I tried all the usual match anglers tricks, putting a 13 shot 1 inch fish the hook, changed to a pole float - the lot. Every time I wound in the casters were shelled! I did manage to catch two roach, both over the pound. I should have had 30. Any brilliant match anglers out there who can advise me where I went wrong.

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Chub - Thanks for the mental images. After having my week off buggered by this infernal rain I needed cheering up!

I did manage a pleasant few hours today taking 16 small craps on the waggler out of a local club lake, plus a host of rudd and perch. Not bad for four hours in the middle of December.