how long out of water

R

Robert Bell

Anyone give some advice on how long it is safe to keep a fish out of the water.I`ve scanned a lot of magazines and books but cant find any reference to it

S

Stormin' Norman

Common sense mate. 2 to 3 minutes is enough to get photo's and weigh the fish. I worried about this alot for a while but as long as your quick and get the fish back in the water asap, they always go back as good as gold. (@carpangler2001)

C

Cakey

Now what about sacking ,I hate it and think it should be banned.

R

Robert Bell

thanks for that, stormin,I do try and get them back soon as possible I certainly wouldn`t sack a fish or even use a keep net,sooner they are back in a natural enviroment the better I feel.So thanks again

C

Craig w

I also used to worry about it alot as well Norm, more so when it was a larger (older) fish on the bank.
I now get everything ready (Slings, Scales, Camera etc) so everything is to hand & it can be done quickly & smoothly when the fish is banked.
I have watched others take what i thought was a very long time handling fish out of water while they get all the bits together.

& Cakey mate I could not sack a fish either as i would be so worried about it all time.