Yeah, I finally made it!

D

Dave O'L

Yes, I am now installed in Dorset as of last week.

Hopefully after some other commitments have been fullfilled I can get the rods out in a couple of weeks.

Anyone hang around the Blanford area or know a man who does.
Rik thanks for your offer of a couple of months ago, I'll send a mail soon. When the dust settles the 'boss' may let me travel further afield.......perhaps?????

J

John Pleasance

Welcome to Wessex at last Dave,much nicer here than up in "the smoke".

S

Stuart Bullard

Lovely part of the world Dave. My cousin lives in Balnford. Mind you, it certainly seems to be quite full of old age hippies!!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Welcome back to the site Dave......I thought when they moved you to a safe house and gave you a new identity you were meant to be inconspicuous, the braces gave you away mate. ;o}~

D

Dave O'L

when you're 6'7', 20 stone & have a loud Lancashire accent it's a bit hard to remain inconspicuous Rodney.

So have I missed anything?
Is Wendy still taunting Paul?

P

Paul Williams

I'm taking therapy!.......i could arm wrestle Tyson with the muscles i've developed!

C

Curly

LOL Paul, it would be a great arm wrestling contest between me and you then ;-))))))))

D

Dave O'L

Thankyou chaps.
I've not had the time to develop any arm muscles!!

I've just done a bit of prioritising, thought I'd go & unpack my tackle (fishing that is) - fat chance, I've now got to go to a reclamation centre.

If only the clocks could be turned back so all the shops would be closed on a Sunday?

D

Dave O'L

Aye John - whurs thar muck thars brass!!

Craig I'd be more than happy to trade tackle shops for others.
I've just done @ 60 miles to look at 2 furniture shops.
I've still got the fireplace establishments to go to yet - our local is in Dorchester, 20 miles away.

I have to be careful as every time I drive over/past a piece of water, my eyes &thoughts drift - big tractors round here.

M

Mike Parker

Yes Dave you'll find a lot of poor farmers down here - I'll give it three years before you start getting home sick. The fishing down here is brilliant but it can't make up for the friendly smile of a northern fisherman. Even @ 6'7" and 20 stone you'll be suprised at how invisible you become when you meet other fishermen (persons) down here!

C

Carp Angler

I'm not suprised Mike if you sit with your back to people all the time.

Come fishing with me, you'll wish you were invisible after I've ripped the p155 out of you for several hours.

D

Dave O'L

I don't know what home sick will be?
7 years Birmingham, 12 Rochdale, 6 Leeds, 15 London. Always hankered after the Lakes though. If I miss anything it's the moors & fells.
As for the fishing - London never gave any piece & quiet from Joe Public, planes or motorways.
I think you can say Jill & I have had enough of London.

Hello C.A., life treating you well I hope.

J

JEDI (Jr) DAVE

Nice to see you back dave. i take it Turlin, boscombe and townsend were out of your price range then!:) Hope you enjoy your time in our pleasant land and please forgive the name change but Stu is teaching "The Way of The Jedi"
Gypsy Dave

D

Dave O'L

May the Force be with you, JD!

Now you've just given me an idea!