Scales

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
I have been fishing for a few months and I really enjoy it. I would like to buy some scales to weigh the carp I have been catching. I don't mind if it's digital or normal.

Can anyone recommend a good set of first time scales, that cost under ?60? I'd also like a sack or bag to put the fish in while weighing it.

Thanks

Shine

Reaction score

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas. I like the look of the digital Ron Thompson Zenso scales. I think the Rapala scales look good too, but once I've bought a weighing sack as well it will be over ?60 (a bit much for a first set of scales).

I have been looking on the Decathalon fishing site, which has some really good deals. There are a couple of sacks. Which one do you think is best?

Moon Fish Bag

Scale Bag

Shine

Reaction score
The 1st one looks a little better. If you have a ebay account look on there.

p.s. When you turn the ron thompson scales on a little fish swims along the bottom....... which everyone needs /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

KAR

Reaction score
How big do you want 'em to go up to?

KAR

Reaction score
I'd go for JRC Rueben Heatons. I got some a bit ago and they're perfect. Weigh up to 60lb just incase you get the big fish bug. /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

tommy

Reaction score
lads i know this has nothing to do with fishing but i need help....i have a new phone a nokia 2760 and i cant find how to download my fishing pics to my computer i have got a bluetoth adaptor but it still wont work HHHHHHHelp

BapAndFuro

Reaction score
I've looked at the Reuben Heaton scales and I think a good thing about them is the ability to 'zero' the scales once you've added you wet sling or sack. JRC Reuben Heaton Scales

Does anyone know of any cheaper digital/class style scales that you can 'zero'?

KAR

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>BapAndFuro wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I've looked at the Reuben Heaton scales and I think a good thing about them is the ability to 'zero' the scales once you've added you wet sling or sack. JRC Reuben Heaton Scales Does anyone know of any cheaper digital/class style scales that you can 'zero'?</blockquote>
If you shop around you should be able to get some Fox Stalkers or Chub Digi's for about £40. They have the zero function. Or if you go to your local tackle shop and have a look at some. Most decent scales now can be zero'd.

Shine

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>BapAndFuro wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I've looked at the Reuben Heaton scales and I think a good thing about them is the ability to 'zero' the scales once you've added you wet sling or sack. JRC Reuben Heaton Scales Does anyone know of any cheaper digital/class style scales that you can 'zero'?</blockquote>

You can zero the Ron Thompson ones. (put your weigh slingon, press the button, put fish in weigh sling.... bingo!!

Repela are cheap and last well, dont know if you can zero those though.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
All I am going to say is Don't buy digital, go for Reuben Heaton Lightwieght, they go to 40lb, and cost under £30. You could pay more and get the 60lb version, but you will need more than £60.

CatmanDan (emmo Jnr)

Reaction score
I`ve got the fox stalker digital scales to 60lb, very bright blue back light, folding out arm`s for whem weighing fish, very robust. just unfortunate they dont go up to 100lb +

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Catman,

my son had those scales, did not weigh true. Tested them against other scales that are true, the fox were 2lb 3ozs under.

The problem with digital scales is the battery. To have them reading a true weight, you must have a new battery everytime you go fishing, its the only way, this is not only a fox problem.

Grumpy Git @

Reaction score
I always disconnect the battery on mine. Unclip the terminals and turn the battery around. New, well nearly, every time.

Dom B

Reaction score
i use shamano scale all you need is 2 aa batterys for the light if you go knight fishing