Spinner/Lure fishing

M

Matthew White

I was going to fish one of my clubs waters for trout using spinners and lures but I have just noticed that treble hooks are not allowed.

Is there a way round this? Will a spinner still be as effective with a single hook attatched?

Also can anyone reccomend any good spinners/lures?

Matt

Ben Haigh

Reaction score
i believe most spinnerbaits use singles. the coathanger looking things.

if you google "spinnerbaits", plenty of people make them, which may be suitable, work great for pike and perch, never fished them for trout, might be worth a try?

i cant seem to insert a link to any?

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
Ben's right Matt, small spinner baits in the half ounce class work very well for Trout, and far easier to cast than the traditional fly spoons. In fact I've had more success with them than the small plugs, or spinners come to that. Good luck.

Nick Lynch

Reaction score
Matt,

Try searching for Mepps spinners, I've acquired some from over the pondmade byPanther Martin. They also make single hook lures. Good luck.

S

Sean Meeghan

Get to Netto tomorrow and buy some of their blade spinners. Just replace the treble with a single and you'll be fine.

keora

Reaction score
Small spinners work for trout, up to about 15gms for example. Replace the treble with a big single; or else use wire cutters to cut off at the bend two of the three hooks which form thetreble.

M

Matthew White

Thanks for the help fellas. Will give your ideas ago in the close season.

Matt