Glugging Pellets

M

Matthew White

Hi All

Is it possible to glug pellets in the same way as you do boilies?

Will they soak in the glug/flavour or just break down? I am wondering if this depends on what liquid you use.

Matt

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Hi Matt

I've had some pellets in an oil based glug for about 6 months and they look ok- I've not used them to fish with yet so can say how effective they are

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Matt

yes you can glug pelets as long as the glug or dip is oil based. They will start to break down if glugged in anything else. I had some big pellets that I left glugging in a bait additive that wasnt oil based and they had turned to mush in the two week period that I had left them for, I ended up adding the whole lot to a method mix.

If you intend glugging bigger pellets in an oil based dip or glug them put them somewhere warm (top of a radiator or airing cupboard) as the oil will soak in much better than if you leave them in the garage or shed.

M

Matthew White

Arethe Dynamite liquids oil based?

I was thinking of the source one or the monster crab, has anyone any reccomendations?

S

Sean Meeghan

I use the Source to glug my pellets. I don't bother glugging the hook bait, but then I'm either using a feeder or a lumpy paste wrap. I soak my pellets in cold water for a couple of minutes, drain well, then add a good glug of Source liquid. I'm not sure why you'd want to glug a hook bait unless you were fishing a single bait. To be honest I've done just as well with artificial pellets on the hook when the barbel are 'on', but in harder conditons I always use a halibut pellet or a carp pellet just in case the fish are being picky.

My mate and I have found that the Source liquid really seems to make a difference when the fishing is slow and we've trialled it on several occasions against pellets on their own.

M

Matthew White

So do you just give the pellets a good squirt of the liquid sean?

S

Sean Meeghan

Yes about 2 good squirts to about 1/4 pint of pellets and give them a good stir.