Scottish Salmon rivers Video

S

Shrek

Thanks Colin, that's one to settle down and watch this evening.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

That is an excellent film Colin. There is no doubt in my mind that given an end to netting and proper conservation measures, salmon fishing could easily be available to all in these islands!

And a salmon caught on rod and line would be worth far far more than one caught in a net!

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
An excellent film; many thanks for the link.

Why can't we have informed and informative films like this South of the border? I'd far rather watch Ms MacKay report back on Englishchub fishing, Gaelic subtitles and all, than a gonk like R*bs*n Gr**nspouting rubbish.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ron; Any time you would like to do a few days salmon/trout fishing in Bonnie Scotland, just let me know and I will get you free B/B alsoI,ll get you on to a great river, and you can fish away until your hart is content.

All you have to do is PM me Ron mate.

And you can teach me how to fly fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Jimmy.

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Ron; Any time you would like to do a few days salmon/trout fishing in Bonnie Scotland, just let me know and I will get you free B/B alsoI,ll get you on to a great river, and you can fish away until your hart is content.

All you have to do is PM me Ron mate.

And you can teach me how to fly fish /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.

Jimmy.</blockquote>

How about if I change my name to Ron?? And teach you how to fly fish!!

Can you arrange some free fishing on the Floors junction pool as well please?/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Wobbly Face (As Per Ed) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Cheers Colin.

Who says the BBC is anti fishing?

Pity it isn't on national broadcast.</blockquote>

If you have either of the following here's where to find Alba

Freesat: 110
Sky: 168 (Except Northern Ireland)

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

A am sure I can teach you how to fly fish with a single handed rod Jimmy, It's the double handed Spey casting rod I have had little experience with.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

What I liked about this film was the use of Scottish Gaelic. It sounds so much like Afrikaans, but I am sure the words are totally different.

How many people in Scotland are fluent in Gaelic Jimmy?

I had a few Welsh friends in SA who actually couldn't speak a word of Welsh.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Cheers again Colin, hoping to go Freesat when the Recordable receivers are eventually up and running. SEEN THEM ADVERTISED BUT NO ONE HAS THEM IN STOCK.

Funny you should say that the Welsh Ron, I have a work colleague who's welsh, he only knows one phrase so I told him about Dawl Bach - Little Devil, now he knows two more Welsh words.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA)

Shame!

/forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Good try there Colin: But I,ve heard through the grape-vine that you have enjoyed you fly fishing up here /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif.<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

What I liked about this film was the use of Scottish Gaelic. It sounds so much like Afrikaans, but I am sure the words are totally different.

How many people in Scotland are fluent in Gaelic Jimmy?

I had a few Welsh friends in SA who actually couldn't speak a word of Welsh.</blockquote>

I,m not really sure Ron: As to just how many do speak Gaelic further up north.

but what i do know is, that in the second world war, the HM forces employed the ones that could speak the language, so that the Germans could not understand as to what was going on.

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

T

Trev 2

Gaelic is limited mainly to the West Coast and the Islands. A mate of mine, aCornishman,was married to a lass from South Uist, and spoke it quite well ( he says there's a similarity between Gaelic and Old Cornish) and it came in handy for cheap fishing when we were on exercise in the Hebrides.

Gav Barbus

Reaction score
Watched this yesterday ,and forgot to say thank you Colin for putting it up .Worth the watch just to look at some of the stunning scenery,nice one .

Colin Brett

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good try there Colin: But I,ve heard through the grape-vine that you have enjoyed you fly fishing up here /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Grapevine??

Don't know where you got that info?? My fly fishing in Scotland has been very limited and apart from a 1.5lb sea trout from the Annan and a few greedy salmon parr it's been a disaster/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif. Even fishing on the Ettrick in October many years ago was a dismal failure/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif. So any free invites to decent beats will always be welcome/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Colin Brett wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>JIMMY ( P A A S ) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Good try there Colin: But I,ve heard through the grape-vine that you have enjoyed you fly fishing up here /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Grapevine??

Don't know where you got that info?? My fly fishing in Scotland has been very limited and apart from a 1.5lb sea trout from the Annan and a few greedy salmon parr it's been a disaster/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif. Even fishing on the Ettrick in October many years ago was a dismal failure/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif. So any free invites to decent beats will always be welcome/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif </blockquote>

If its any comfort, Colin, it took me a number of years before I caught my first Salmon, including trips to the Annan, Nith, Tay, Findhorn, North Esk, Dee,Aire, TeviotWaterand the Tweed, and when I did, finally, break my duck, it was on the prolific Ridge Pool, in Ballina, County Mayo.

I have a back-end week on the Tweed every year, in November, with my wife, but we've never had more than three fish between us for the week, and often we've had none at all.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the link Shrek: Myself and a few of my friends will be on the river Dee next month, I,m looking forward to it as they will be teaching me how to fly fish, as it was Ron; That's got me hooked on fly fishing.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful, I can,t wait.