Progress with new website platform

R

Richard Hewitt

Hi

I thought I would start this thread to keep you informed as to how we are progressing with building the new website etc. under the ownership of Fish& Fly.

Allis going well with the forum completed and most of the main site well under way. There is still a fair amount of work in transferring the wealth of content and this will commence shortly. I will give you a target date soon but we are making good progress.

Anyone who has an interest in advertising on the site should e mail Mike Grey on mg@fishandfly.com and there may well be a benefitin contacting him soon to benefit from launch offers and the increased traffic when we relaunch.

Mike andI will be at the Carp Show at 5 Lakes on Sunday and if you pass by the bar at around 1pm we might even buy you a beer! On second thoughts as there are now 57000 members perhaps we should limit that but give it a try!

We are all very excited here with the future of this wonderful website and with Graham having a very good understanding of the way you like things I am confident you willappreciate the few changes we plan.

More news shortly.

Best regards

Richard

R

Richard Hewitt

Amended!

Could get lucky!/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Richard

Reaction score
NOW THEN. WHAT'S THIS NEW WEBSITE PLATFORM MALLARKY!

Put it back immediately. We like it the way it is. If anything changes we get all confused an grumpy and can't find our way around.

Just the other week, one of my neighbours painted his front door blue (it was always red) and I couldn't find my way home on my own.

You will lose millions of members immediately if you change anything - particularly the old gibbers who find things a bit fiddly like the little 5p pence coins.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Richard,

Many thanks for the update.

I cannot make it to the Carp Show, but will happily buy you and your team a beer or three each on the understanding that you can get rid of the daft smiley cartoon characters on the new site.

[ insert U-No-Wot - - - - - > H E R E ]

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Richard, I'm sure all of the members are looking forward to seeing the changes you have in store for us.

Keep the smilies and winkies, Claudia will walk if you take them away!

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

R

Richard Hewitt

Matt Corker

Nothing to get worried about things will start to get easier from here on!

You may not even notice the changeover ...........apart from all the great prize competitions we have planned!!

Richard

Reaction score
Thank you for the update Richard.

What manners, keeping us well informed....do you have breeding in your family?

If I may be so bold, I would suggest you are a little more circumspect with your use of language. A regular on the forum, whose brain has been somewhat addled by a diet based solely on pies, pop and bingo, may misconstrue your reference to a platform. A Mister Granville Marsbar has suffered years of abuse and harrassment over a chance remark about "A golden day with the barbel rod. I wish I could offer it to anyone ".

The years of torment led to Mister Marsbar taking early retirement. Treatment has allowed him to get some part-time work with an abacus company but whether he'll fully recover to the fine specimen of man we saw in his videos....well there's always hope.

So just be very clear, especially to residents of South Yorkshire that reference to a platform does not constitute a guarantee of a present.

Poshers

slime monster

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Richard i am afraid i can not travel that far to take you up on your generous offer of free pint as by the time i got there i would have forgotten why i set out

/forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

F

Fred Bonney

Richard,thankyou forkeeping us up to date, itis much appreciated.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Thanks Richard, hope everything goes to plan, to your advantage, and ours.

Take no notice of that Corker bloke, most members on here have him on IGNORE./forum/smilies/nerd_smiley.gif

Who's this Graham bloke you keep talking about?.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Thanks for the update Richard.

Don't worry about Corky, he is under the thumb, so has to say as much as he can when he is allowed to go on the PC.

There is some Spider thing that comes on here, I have him on IGNORE, he will tell you he had a 15lb plus Tench, all lies i tell you, and one other thing, spider never carries his own tackle or buys bait, so don't go fishing with him/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Sean Meeghan wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>He lives inNorth Yorkshire Poshers</blockquote>Blimey - there was I genuinely believing he was hewn from South Yorkshire mining stock - from tha land of my mother's inheritance, where 2Bobs resides.....and now you're telling me he's one of the North Yorks landed gentry masquerading as a bingowinged pie perv. How very dare he!! I'm so upset./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif