Paul

Reaction score
Well, i thought it would never happen but after 18 months and about 15 blanks i finally got my first barbel and to be honest im still smiling now!

F

Fred Bonney

Well done Paul, great to see you don't give up,they're worth it once they start pulling your string.

Reaction score
Thanks Fred.Your not wrong about that,i was hooked just watching my friends when they had caught but now i have finally had onemyself i dont think the mrs will be very happy after june 16th!
And i thought tench were fun! lol

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Why wait til lthe June 16th - get after still water barbel /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Way to go paul.......well done.

I know exactly how you feel......i was lucky enough to catch a fourteen and a half pounder on a flooded ouse a couple of summers a go.The adrenalin was pumping i can tell you as i was playing it and when she slipped over the landing net rim and i won the battle,the elation and joy and relief took me over completeley.

What a beauty she was.....i was totally gobsmacked,my good friend "yoggy" couldn`t have been more pleased for me.

Memories of that fish willstay with me for ever !!!!

Savour the moment mate and then go catch some more next season.....the best of luck to you!!!

LongMan

Reaction score
Good effort mate.

All the blanks and work seem to be forgotten when you finally hit your target.

Would love to catch a Barbel myself oneday.

You are going to be champing at the bit through the closed season now I bet.

Scott.

marie marling

Reaction score
Well done Paul /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif. the small ones pull your string a bit dont they

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
Your face says it all mate!

I'm afraid your exhibiting all of the classic signs of one smitten with barbel madness...there is no known cure/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif