QUALITY OF BADGER GEAR

J

Jon Read

Has anyone had any trouble with badger gear?
i have recently spoke to many anglers while fishing and they say stay well away from the stuff!!
one angler said'cheap s**t'
i have a friend who had a set of 3 reels frm badger for christmas and has has to send them all back because the reels make a strange grinding noise.
he has had to pay postage of ?18 both ways.they will not replace the reels or give him his money back!!!
I recently spoke to chap on the bank who had a badger bedchair which has fallen apart th more he has used it!
i have had a badger landing net that has had to be replaced 3 times because of faults in the metal in the spreader block!!
My advise is to STAY CLEAR OF THE STUFF!

WHAT DO YOU LOT THINK?

J

Jon Peplow

Must admit I have got 3 Badger phantom rods for my son and he has had no problems with them. I also have a Badger Euro mat which is the business. I must speak as I find the kit I have had is OK depends how you trat it I suppose!

C

Cakey

Ive a badger sleeping bag and it the dogs whatsits.zips both sides.pillow.grippy bits.and its warmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I suggest try it before you slag it.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
John,
I've a mix on this one...
got 2 x bedchairs and normal chair...BRILL
also got 2man bivvy last year...it fell apart 2nd time out and had to stich it up to stay the session. Then the problems started, if you e-mail me offline i'll go into full details but don't wan't to get into a slanging match on the forum over Badger as there are links to the website..
if u know wot I mean.
Ozz

J

JEDI (Jr) DAVE

Ozz
if you have a legitimate moan then i hope they are watching and take note.
I must say, the things i bought my lad are spot on but as i said:legit moan = legit post.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Jedi,
I posted this moan ages ago along with a few other members who wern't happy at the time either.This was whist I was in the process of tryng to get my problems sorted,if u check back thru the postings u may find them but it is going back a while.

R

Richard Bytheway

badger ; yeuk stay away from it. ive had nowt good from them . cant even get me any leads (well you can go wrong with leads).
everyone i talk to is not too impressed . i think you get what you pay for.
AND I DONT BELEIVE IN BADGER BAITING>

A

Anthony Coser

I,ve got the ?40 goal post set up and apart from the bars wobbling in the middle(just needed a screw tightening up in the middle of the thread)i have had no problems at all

M

Mark Bullen

i got the 2 rod carp set fom badger,when i opened it there was different reels thats was advetised and they were cheaper ones.
plus one of the buzzers had a bit broken off it one of the pods legs fall off and the same trouble as anthony with the bars.
badger is cheap but not great.You only get what you pay for

S

Stormin' Norman

Sorry guy's, you get what you pay for. I've been down the Badger road of buying cheaply and in my opinion you will end up buying twice.

My honest reccomendation to any of you is get a firm idea of what you want and then look around for the best deal and quality that you can afford. If you still come back to badger then you've been warned.

T

Tony O'dell

Some of there stuff is excellent..top notch. Other stuff..which i have no experience of...may not.
I have two excel chairs....the one piece waterproof suit....black shadow rods...one piece thermal suit.....and a few other bits. Excellent..cant fault any of it...also use there swivels and trebles this winter for Pike Fishing.....