Knots

Dom B

Reaction score
Hi does any one know what knot is best for an eyed hook because i have been using the clinck knot and it has let me down a few times and i can't really get the hang of remembering lots of different knots so i was wondering if any one could tell me there bets results

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
What size hook Dom?

I only use eyed hooks in sizes below a sixteen.

Then I choose one of three.............when hair-rigging I use a knotless knot, otherwise I use a kamasan 'spade end' hook tyier or a grinner knot. All three have been fine for my eyed hook fishing applications.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
If you need the strenth of an eyed hook, I'd get one of these or similar...........

product_thumb.php

Or learn to tie a grinner knot.

grinner.gif

Dom B

Reaction score
thaanks for the help i am sure it will help me

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Foxy

Reaction score
5 turn grinner as chewy, sorry Mark suggest above

/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif))

chub angler

Reaction score
Dom try the palomar knot its the stongest knot and is easy to tie. and its also good for swivels.

Morespiders

Reaction score
polamar as chub says, or a 4-5 turn blood knot if you want to get the adrenallin flowing, andto lose fish

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Palomar here also, very easy to tie and very reliable.

If you decide on using a different knot for eyed hooks (grinner is good and strong) then you should still learn to tie the palomar, it is very good for swivels.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
I would say the knotless knot but with a small size 14 it is not easy so go for the hook tying tool Mark showed as this is simple to use and make the line exit the hook so the hook sits strait in line with the main line thus giving better hook ups.

An eyed hook tied with a palomar, grinner or blood knot alought these knots are strong the hook can sit at any angle in comparrison with the main line and you could miss bites .