Ribble or severn condition please

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Can any locals to ribble near preston or severn around shrewsburry give some report on the latest river condition,please.Its bit far for me to either of them just to go and check it my self.Only 5 days to closed season and want to get it right.Much appreciated.

The bad one

Reaction score
River chilled down overnight Sat/Sun morning and came up 3 ft with hail and snow water. Fishing wascrap on Sun didn't have a bite.

Weather forecast is for it to warm up again later in the week, but with some rain check the riverline 09066197733 for heightand weather forecast before you travel.

S

Sean Meeghan

Middle Severn was at normal level, slight tinge of colour, 6.5C. Fishing OK - I had 10 barbel over the weekend.

Wiktor, you can ring Rivercall for these rivers (costs about £1)

Ribble 0906 619n7733

Severn 0906 6197744

Wiktor z Polski/Dr. Wodka

Reaction score
Thanks chaps.Went fishing yesterday at atcham (severn),water temp 6.9 and rising,little crap coming down, very windy.

I only had 2 small chub 2.5 and 3lb + 6lb pike on bread!.Very lucky to get it back.He was good fighter for the size .

Sean, You had a cracking session ,did you catch any good size?

S

Sean Meeghan

It was an enjoyable weekend Wiktor (mainly due to the beer and the food!) The fishing wasn't bad either although I had to work for my fish. My biggest fish was 7lb 10oz.

fred hall

Reaction score
Guess I'm a lucky boy as I can see the Ribble out of the window as I type this. It's certainly higher today than yesterday and there are a few people fishing the Church Deeps area. Didn't see anyone catch anything as I walked past an hour ago though.

fred hall

Reaction score
"Can you fish from your window?"
Bit tricky to tell the truth - I would have to cast across a fairly busy road and through a heavily wooded banking. Anyway I don't have a permit for this stretch as my club's waters are 2+ miles upstream.