How good has your season been

chub angler

Reaction score
the weather has been bad but Ive had new Pb's and Ive noticed over the last few days other people have as well so how would you rate the season as a whole.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
My only targets this season were...

1. A double figure Bream - after many many MANY hours, i failed.

2. A 20lb Carp - only had a few tries at this due to the double figure Bream taking up my time, and money and sanity... - again i failed.

I cant help thinking my tactics, bait, location, basically everything was just not good enough... i think improvements must be made before my goals can be achieved.

chub angler

Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day keep trying.Sometimes we all keep trying tactics that don't work through stubbornness. Or refusing to change swims even though we know we should. Or is it just me that does that

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Well, I didn't get my river carp, but Wendi did!

I haven't got my roach yet, but I've still got a week left.

I equalled my chub pb of 6.02 with Andy last week, that is massive for me, I'm well chuffed!

All in all it's been a fantastic season for me.

The FM fish-ins have been brilliant, they really arethe highlight on my callender. Witnessing and photographing Speci's double figure tench was very special for me.

Life is good at the mo'

Roll on next season, my target is a double figure river tench..........No shit! /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/dont_tell_anyone_smiley.gif

And I've still got a date with a 2lb roach..........

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
1.12 on the Wye.

I really am happy mate, I feel totally chilled out. And I'm hitting loads more bites /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Tightlines to all, only one week left...........

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I had a 1lb 14oz Roach on lobworm and corn cocktail, yep you guessed it... whilst Bream fishing, it bolted off and was a good fight too, i swore i had a small Carp on at first... frisky little thing it was, shame it didnt go 2lb but it was caught in minus temperatures and looking back it was very welcome.

chub angler

Reaction score
1lb 12oz from the Wye kin hell Steve that's a nice fish someone I know has been chasing a 1lb roach for nearly ten years. Breamer acurate scales are a b*tch arnt they.

Fin the Fish

Reaction score
My seasons gone really well, I finally broke into the 6lb chub mark (3 times!), smashed my pike pb which also happened to be the largest fish ive put on the bank, caught my first zander, found loads of really beautiful new waters (google earth is brilliant!), rediscovered the joy of stick float + centrepin, and started using a few killer methods id previously overlooked.

On top of that I introduced one of my good friends to the angling art, ive been trying to show him the more intimate and imo rewarding ways of catching fish, small water stalking and the like rather than chucking him on a carp commercial. So far hes loved every minute, Ive never seen him as pleased as he was after hunting a 4lb chub off the top on freelined crust from a lovely willow pool, might not be the biggest fish but who cares!

Also finding this site has really brought about a fishing renaissance for me and i know next season will be all the better for it! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

mine has been shit due to illness's and a dog bite

the few fish-ins I went on were superb

but Im well up for the next season ......................................

S

Sean Meeghan

It's been an average season for me. Work commitments have meant that I haven't been able to get out as often as I'd have liked, but the weather hasn't really had a great effect.

chub angler

Reaction score
Well done Fin Cakey I hope next season works out better for you. Sean I hope you get more time on the bank next season.

Rickrod

Reaction score
Lets hope so. My pike season has been rubbish this year.But i did get a few double figured bream that i wanted and beat my pb bass so for me its been good and bad.

Rickrod

Reaction score
ITS WAS ONLY 3LB 150Z BUT SILL MY PB

Rickrod

Reaction score
I should not shout about it lol

Rickrod

Reaction score
What new pbs did you get chub angler