Anyone got this......

Paul C

Reaction score
Looks good, sounds the job and currently half price. But anyone got one who could share their opinion.

Headtorch

I am in danger of divorce if I buy another headtorch, but I can't resist!!

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
Paul

I havent got this particular model but I have had a similar type and I can tell you from personal experience that it will get annoying after a short while. They are heavy and cumbersome. Much better to get one of the single band three led light jobs and save your pennies and your marriage. I have a small single band job that I wear round my neck while im in my doss bag and its always there when I get crashed out at 3 in the morning.

Emmo (Angling Trust)

Reaction score
I use the "cheap as chips" version from my local tackle shop, about £5 a go, think they have 5 LEDs and current one I have had for at least 3 years now. Does the job and can afford to have a back up (plus 2 in the cupboard in reserve).

Nik Foad

Reaction score
Hey Paul - surely you are falling to tricks of the retail World.

Just because it's half price you feel you should buy it! The advice you have been given seems pretty sound. I too have a torch purchased from my local shop. It cost me 8.99 and has run without issue for the last 2 seasons. Bright light is bright light.

My wife is a regular victim to this approach - you wouldn't believe how much money she think's she has saved me!!?? When all she does is buy because the advert tells her its a good time to buy!

Maintain yourmarriage, save at least 15 quid and go cheap!

Paul C

Reaction score
I already have several headtorches that I use for fishing and for back up, so I don't actually need one as such. I also have some for camping and also just keep one in each of the carsr etc..so I have a nice collection, but I can always use another one. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

The missus always groans whenever I stop and look at one and alsways asks how many of them I need to buy, hence, it might just raise a eyebrow if another arrives. Like most women, she just doesn't understand a mans obsession with gadgets, torches, fishing gear and the like!

This one looked interesting, so if it turned out to be something highly recommended, I'd be tempted to get one whilst it's on offer. Otherwise it will stay in the shop.

Paul B

Reaction score
Recieved one at chrimbo a "Head fire power chip"with the single 1.25w led, very good and extremely bright. Maybe a bit too bright for baiting up and similar activities but ideal for walking to and from the car across treacherous ground and also netting fish.

I find it to be quite comfortable. Still looking for a way to fit a removable red filter on it so i don't muck up my night vision.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Greg Whitehead wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I picked up one of Tesco's own for about £8. It was actually very good.....</blockquote>

Greg,

Will you be doing a write up in the Angling Times about it/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Paul C

Reaction score
Paul

I think the one on offer also has a lower intensity beam which seems more suitable for baiting up without lighting up the whole banking and a seperate main beam.

Are they good quality?

Paul B

Reaction score
Seems well made and quite robust to me Paul.My father in law has had one for a while with no problems.

The only potential weak-spot i would say is likely to be the wire connecting the battery pack at the back to the light unit at the front, for exampleif you screw it up in a balland put it in a pocket a lot (as i do with my petzl and nash ones/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif)

It did come with a little belt pouch but it's a tight fit.

NIGE K

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Ray Daywalker Clarke wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>Greg Whitehead wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>I picked up one of Tesco's own for about £8. It was actually very good.....</blockquote>

Greg,

Will you be doing a write up in the Angling Times about it/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif</blockquote>
tesco dont advertise in his paper ray so he cant say its any good in there./forum/smilies/thinking_smiley.gif

NIGE K

Reaction score
prove me wrong greg mention it in your next article./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Greg Whitehead wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Iwrite news, not reviews.</blockquote>

Can you not give it tosome one who can do a review?

After all, what is wrong with reviewing a torch not made by a tackle company./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif