Great Ouse

POLO

Reaction score
Being a Northerner and my love of combining fishing with camping, I am trying to meet a personal challange of catching Barbel from as many rivers as possibe. Thereforemy family and I are looking to camp in or around St Neots this coming summer on The Great Ouse. However I am not sure what the Barbel fishing is like around that area can anyone give me some positive feedback or where Would I find a suitable web site that can give me any information?

Thanks

S

Sean Meeghan

Personally I'd head for the Milton Keynes and Newport Pagnell area.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Not that much of the Ouse on day tickets around newport Pagnell, Milton Keynes, more around St Noets, St Noets town area is all day ticket about £4 a day.

can't help with the camping

Chevin

Reaction score
I have caught barbel from the Ouse in that area, but a bit downstream of St. Neots. I caught them at Hemingford Grey, but I believe that the place I fished is now closed to anglers. However, there was a little weekend shack on one side of the weir pool if it is still there it might be possible to rent it. I would think that the pool can be reached by boat so that is another possible option. Try doing a Google on the village of Hemingford Grey, there might be something there to help.